"Bowling Night" Theme Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkgourmet

Assistant Cook
We have an annual NYE party of four couples. Each year there's some kind of theme for the food. This year, someone got a Wii and we've decided to use it to 'go bowling' on New Year's Eve. To go with that, we were thinking of food that would fit with a bowling theme.

I'm thinking cocktail weenies and stuff, but I don't know really what makes sense. Any ideas? Need to cover all courses.

Thanks!

Most of the bowling allies around here have a small restaurant/bar.. It's usually a burger type place, with nachos, fries, huge dill pickles, soft pretzles and whatnot... along with beer and sometimes margaritas and wine.. Being in Texas sometimes you can find really good Tex-Mex food in a bowling alley. The one we go to has amazing enchiladas and tamales. Around here it's mostly like the food you would expect to find at a football game concession stand. :) So if you want your home to be like the bowling alley.. I would serve concession stand type food, turning up the volume and making it really good homemade concession stand food. Hope this helps!!

I totally agree with TheMamma regarding the concession stand food there are the fries, dog, popcorn and candies but make it more special..Also why not some jalapeño poppers with a mayo dip or some buffalo wings, jalapeño and bacon corn dog . for dessert a homemade popcorn. smoothies or gourmet candy bars. Or your could rent a chocolate fountain machineand have your guest do the dipping of a selection of pretzels, fruits, bread sticks etc...hope this helps
chocolate_fountain4.jpg

58-02.jpg

sounds a good idea. I love bowling too. You can go with some snacks like Manchuria if you are fond of having Chinese food. Pop-corn and beverages.. i am sure you must have already counted upon.

We had our Wii bowling party - and the fifties style food to match. Ruffles & onion dip, lettuce wedges with blue cheese dressing, wings, Frito's, popcorn (from a real concession type popcorn maker just added to the host's gameroom), little smokies in the bbq/grape jelly sauce, pigs in the blanket (I used little cheddar smokies with a little extra cheddar inside), and mac 'n cheese.

Everybody passed on the Twizzlers for desert, but I confess to having some for breakfast the next day. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom