Do crepes freeze well?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2belucile

Senior Cook
:ohmy: I am planning to entertain a group of friends one afternoon very soon. .
I would like to serve crepes with chicken and mushroom filling, green salad on the side and dessert. If I make the crepes ahead of time, do I freeze them or keep in the fridge.
As I am not very good in the kitchen, sometimes I am all thumbs, so any sugestions will be welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help and opinions

I freeze crepes all the time and have for more years than I can count. Just make sure you separate each crepe with a sheet of waxed paper. Put them in a heavy-duty freezer zipper lock bag and freeze. I've never had a problem doing this.

I purposely make more crepes than I need when I make them so I can freeze some for a later purpose.

Thank you, Katie E, for your reply.
This is something that I can do ahead, to have more time to the other things.
Will be OK to fill the crepes, and freeze or is better to do the filling the same day that are going to be served?

No, don't freeze the filling. Much better to have it fresh. After all, the crepes are the time and labor intensive part of your dish. That's why I always make more than I need. It's so easy to take some out of the freezer and fill them with whatever filling I want.

Just let the crepes thaw gently, either in the refrigerator or at room temperature as you need them.

No, don't freeze the filling. Much better to have it fresh. After all, the crepes are the time and labor intensive part of your dish. That's why I always make more than I need. It's so easy to take some out of the freezer and fill them with whatever filling I want.

Just let the crepes thaw gently, either in the refrigerator or at room temperature as you need them.
Katie's spot on. Definitely don't freeze the crepes filled.

Back
Top Bottom