Easter menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there a recipe here for Pizzagaina? Please?

Thank you!
My mom never gave her recipe out, not even to her sisters. A few years before she passed I went to her house to help her make them and she gave me the basic recipe ingredient list. She really didn't have a recipe. It's more of a look feel thing. I promised her I wouldn't give it out. Maybe in the future. Sorry PF.

Ham and pineapple kebobs with morello cherries. 5 spice and moscato marinated sliced ham. Tomago fried rice. Roasted asparagus with miso butter and sesame. Grilled mixed squashes and pepper. Spinach salad with red onion,strawberries and poppy seed dressing. Banana cake with chocolate frosting.

Change of plans. DH wanted fish rather than lamb chops, so I got some nice salmon filets at the seafood market. I marinated them in Japanese seasonings, then pan-fried them and served them with Japanese cucumber salad, white rice, and roasted asparagus drizzled with a reduction made from some of the marinade. This will go in the keeper file.

Attachments

• 1398080790656.jpg
    1398080790656.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 156
Just us this year but still making a full dinner... ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, honey-glazed carrots and biscuits. No dessert unless I get inspired. :)

some pics of our dinner...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140421_080137.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140421_080137.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 142
  • ForumRunner_20140421_080256.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140421_080256.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 146
  • ForumRunner_20140421_080712.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140421_080712.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 147
My mom never gave her recipe out, not even to her sisters. A few years before she passed I went to her house to help her make them and she gave me the basic recipe ingredient list. She really didn't have a recipe. It's more of a look feel thing. I promised her I wouldn't give it out. Maybe in the future. Sorry PF.

It's okay, I understand Mom Promises. I found a recipe online , can you look at it and see if it is similar?

We flew out to Vancouver last week to spend Easter with our son, DIL and the Gr/kids. Weather wasn't the greatest but it was just nice to visit. DIL and Granddaughter did a great job of whipping up a baked ham, green bean casserole and scalloped potatoes. DIL's parents brought over the lemon cream pie for dessert.

GG, Dave, and Rock....what beautiful pics. :yum: Dave, your dinner table looks so 'springtime' and inviting. :)

Thanks Cheryl! my goal is to try and use the dinning room more this year...not justc for holidays..

It's okay, I understand Mom Promises. I found a recipe online , can you look at it and see if it is similar?

PF living in an Italian town, I have had plenty of this dish. This recipe calls for a bread like crust. Some of the folks I know make a regular pie like crust. That is what I prefer. Less calories and more diabetes friendly. Also you don't fill up on the bread like crust. The choice is yours. Other than that, the filling looks pretty authentic. :angel:

PF living in an Italian town, I have had plenty of this dish. This recipe calls for a bread like crust. Some of the folks I know make a regular pie like crust. That is what I prefer. Less calories and more diabetes friendly. Also you don't fill up on the bread like crust. The choice is yours. Other than that, the filling looks pretty authentic. :angel:

Thanks, Addie!

Back
Top Bottom