Easter/Passover Menu/Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cerise

Washing Up
What's on the menu? What are you cooking & what are your plans? Any special favorite recipes to share?

I'll be visiting the Outer Banks of North Carolina for Easter weekend and have reservations with the family at one of our favorite places to eat there The Jolly Roger. No cooking for me this year!

lol, the jolly roger?

so, ye will be a celebratin' east- arrrr...

or passov-arrr...

:cool:

if we stay home, i'm sure dw will be making her traditional slovakian easter dinner of ham, beets n horseradish, asparagrass, stringbeans, farmer's cheese, and rye bread.

the only change might be roasted spiced fingerling potatoes (that i made the other night that were fantastic) instead of baked or mashed.

if we go to my parents' house, i'd love to bring a leg of lamb and smoked trout to go along with whatever my mom and siblings make. i can guarantee there'll be shrimp cocktail, a pickled veggie platter, and devilled eggs. it's not a holiday in my family without those three things, it seems. very scandinavian.

Last edited:
We are going to a friend's house for brunch. I am going to make mini cheddar quiche bites. Should be a fun time.

Bolas you got lots of snow right now ? Hopefully it will clear by next week . Brass monkeys though innit .
I'm on the left GQ, the garden is south facing so its protected from the wind, the front had drift up to the window. Friends got a big yale bucket up and cleared the drive by 14.00 yesterday.All the local supermarkets were out of milk and bread so we skated to Chester.Clic on pic to enlarge.
Ps they told me in Broadgreen that the get the biggest influx of Heart Attack victims from snow clearing. garden & BBQ 620.jpg

Last edited:
I'm planning on a sort of middle eastern meal. I've got some ground lamb and couscous and taboule There's my base. Husband loves the ground lamb .... Idon't know, they're more torpedoes than meatballs. But we'll make appetizers and such to go with the theme. One guest never eats, and the other's and English woman who has a Pakistani husband. So I'm free to create! Last year I was down south caring for my daddy, and it had to be the family tradition. That is to say, ham and potatoes. So I'm happy to have a little leeway!

Claire I made lamb koftas this weekend from my new Yotam Ottolenghi's book, Jerusalem . Really good. Also tried latkes too which would be good for a buffet I can dig any recipes out you might be interested in .

Nothing special planned.

Same here. We have never considered Easter a major holiday. I live in a major Catholic town. We let them do the celebrating for us. And it will be my daughter's chemo week. She will be in bed too sick to even eat. My DIL grew up under Communism and has never celebrated Easter. And my son will be working that day anyway. :angel:

Last edited:
This Easter I am going to be alone for the first time in years.

I started thinking about a scaled down version of the traditional ham dinner with the fixins, then it hit me!

I can have anything I want! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Right now I am thinking of a steak, shrimp cocktail and a salad or a large slice of pizza and a salad!

This Easter I am going to be alone for the first time in years.

I started thinking about a scaled down version of the traditional ham dinner with the fixins, then it hit me!

I can have anything I want! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Right now I am thinking of a steak, shrimp cocktail and a salad or a large slice of pizza and a salad!

That's how we think of holiday meals, we can have whatever we want. No expectations, unless there is something we want. I make pumpkin pie at least once a month!

Back
Top Bottom