Feast of the Seven Fishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great idea! Thank you! One pot clean up sounds great and I will definitely use this idea at some point this winter. I do like having happy folks waddling from the table. :chef:

A good fish chowder with seven fish; cod, flounder, sole, scallops, clams, calarmari, lobster meat, you get the idea. Start with a good fish stock. Ask your fishmonger for a couple of fish frames. (Heads and all) You can get them from your supermarket also. Those are what is left over after the fish has been filleted. Make sure you catch all the juices from shelled seafood and add that if you don't put them in with the shells. Served with a loaf of crusty peasant or artisan bread to sop up the juices and you will have folks just barely able to move away from the table. One big pot, easy cleanup. Happy folks.

Any time you serve shrimp with butter, boil them with the shells on and save the broth in the freezer. A couple of bottles of clam juice. Lobster shells. All these can be used for the put to make a good fish stock. My friends think I am crazy because I collect any shells when I go to their house to eat seafood. :chef:

I don't do 7 fishes but this was last Christmas Eve.

img_1073715_0_3fa7e88baa28c4247216de8175d883c2.jpg

img_1073715_1_adbba6eef7edbb5d6ff88d8f40b361ea.jpg

img_1073715_2_3d07dff8c2dc3903783ec225972d24e4.jpg

Fried Cod, fried calamari, linguine with white clam sauce, baked clams.

Back
Top Bottom