Holiday planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The reason some of us are joking about the spelling of potica is because it doesn't sound like that at all. PO-TEETS-SA. I haven't made it in years, but since others have posted recipes, I won't. I've only made the walnut version (the stuffing made from ground walnuts, butter, and if I remember right, brown sugar) but the poppy seed version is also done. THe main thing is that the pastry is a yeast bread dough, and stretching it is a chore.

For the cucumber and shrimp salad I do not have a recipe. I slice the cukes very thinly, then make a vinegar-y dressing. As opposed to your normal vinegrette of 2/3 oil, 1/3 vinegar, I do the opposite. I use regular vegetable oil, because I'm going to do this in advance, and olive will coagulate in the fridge, and too many are allergic to peanut. Oh, several (not a lot) sliced mushrooms. A pinch or two of dill. Then at the last minute I take some shrimp (when I was a kid we lived in places where Mom used small, canned shrimp. Here I can buy very good quality frozen, cooked shrimp ready to go) and toss them in at the last minute. Each guest gets 3 or 4 shrimp depending upon size. This is so simple to do, and for some reason it impresses people. Haha.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom