July 4, 2012 - Menu/Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cerise

Washing Up
Any plans? Are you staying at home or going out of town? What's on the Menu?

Buon Giorno,

Sorry, to report however, I believe this is a duplicate thread in the Forum Off Topic Section or the Holiday Section.

Obviously, it is not a holiday in Spain nor Italia, thus, as we do every year, we invite dear friends, who are Expats over to celebrate on the Sunday prior, as the 4th is a laboral day.

I am planning the carte at this very moment ... Since it is quite like Death Valley here, dry dry, sunny and contaminated and polluted; we shall do lunch in Air Conditioning ...

Good thread Idea.

Grazie,
Ciao, Have nice Sunday.
Margi.

Thanks for getting me thinking. Probably something on the grill. My husband and I met on the 4th (32? I think, years ago) and I try to make it special. This summer is just racing by me. We live in a small town, and there's always a parade, but it is usually very political, and this being an election year, we may just skip it. We watch our fireworks from home. Maybe someone will invite us somewhere.

It is not the day celebrated in Canada, either, however, I'm hoping that the potatoes will be ready so I can make a potato salad using new potatoes and homemade mayo on Canada Day. We're going down to NY this week (just for the day). I'll check to see what meat is on special...

We're invited to go to a friend's home . I expect she will do a kind of pot luck menu, so I'll offer to bring something and see what she would like. Should be a good day. They are lovely people.

The missus and I are staying at a bed & breakfast on the 3rd and spending the 4th in the town of Stillwater, which is a touristy little burg on the Minnesota-Wisconsin border. My wife will probably do some antique shopping, while I just look for a place to sit down, have a drink, and beat the heat.

Buon Giorno,

Sorry, to report however, I believe this is a duplicate thread in the Forum Off Topic Section or the Holiday Section.

Obviously, it is not a holiday in Spain nor Italia, thus, as we do every year, we invite dear friends, who are Expats over to celebrate on the Sunday prior, as the 4th is a laboral day.

I am planning the carte at this very moment ... Since it is quite like Death Valley here, dry dry, sunny and contaminated and polluted; we shall do lunch in Air Conditioning ...

Good thread Idea.

Grazie,
Ciao, Have nice Sunday.
Margi.

I have not seen another thread for July 4 (next week). Perhaps you are thinking of Fathers Day (past).

Thanks for the positive replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for getting me thinking. Probably something on the grill. My husband and I met on the 4th (32? I think, years ago) and I try to make it special. This summer is just racing by me. We live in a small town, and there's always a parade, but it is usually very political, and this being an election year, we may just skip it. We watch our fireworks from home. Maybe someone will invite us somewhere.

How romantic, Claire. Happy Anniversary in advance. We can see the fireworks from home, as well. Still undecided here too. Hoping for some menu inspiration from the good folks here. Happy 4th, Claire.

It is not the day celebrated in Canada, either, however, I'm hoping that the potatoes will be ready so I can make a potato salad using new potatoes and homemade mayo on Canada Day. We're going down to NY this week (just for the day). I'll check to see what meat is on special...

Tell us more about your potato salad, CWS. :chef::yum:

July 4th in Spain

Since we are celebrating on Sunday, as it is not a bank holiday in Spain; I have decided to keep it simple, however, it is always lovely.

Some of the ideas we have been discussing:

Chef Bobby Flay Honey Mustard Baked Chicken is a good possibility and Barbeque Shrimp appetiser with an Italian salad.

Gordon Ramsey Perfectly Rare Burgers with Caramelized Shallot & Cherry Tomato Coulis with Reggiano Parmesano on home made Burger Buns ... Served with Spicy Spanish Patatas Bravas ( in wedge shape double fried and crisp golden ) ... and an Italian salad ...

Possibly, beef steaks and Italian Salad ...

We are still pondering over the possibilities ...

Happy 4th and Have a nice Sunday.
Margi.

Eek! July 4 is next week? Where did the summer go?

The 4th is DH's birthday. We have some nice thick smoked pork chops in the freezer, I think that's what we'll have. Maybe with some Hasselback potatoes.

Just looked at the calendar. 10 days. Whew.

Last edited:
Too early to think about it. I'll wait and see what specials Penn Dutch and the grocery advertise.;)

We are saving the fun for the next night and heading to Bernice's Bakery for Blues and Bread night.

July 4th - Madrid Capital is a Laboral Day

:cool: ;) Cerise,

Firstly, due to the fact that the 4th is a laboral day, we are going to celebrate with some close Expat friends on the Sunday prior to the 4th.

We are discussing some possibilities, since it is only 1 week away.

Some of the ideas we have considered are:

Starter: A light Italian Salad with Radicchio di Treviso Rosso Precoce, Arugula or Rocket, Fennel julienne and a light vinaigrette ...

Main: Gordon Ramsey Rare Beef Burger with Caramelized Shallot, Cherry Tomato Coulis and Reggiano Parmesano ... Or Chef Bobby Flay´s Dijon Honey Baked Chicken Breasts ... or Bobby Flay´s BBQ Jumbo Shrimp ...

To be served with: Spicy Double Fried Potatoes cut in wedges, called Patatas Bravas with Brava sauce ...

Buns would be toasted and home made ...

A lovely Chilled Sparkling Rosé Cava ...

Dessert: fresh fruit and interntl cheese platter ...

This all has to be sorted ... :cool:

Have nice Sunday.
Margi. Cintrano. :yum:

P. Fiona,

Do you mean Blues as in Miles Davis and Billie Holiday ?

Sounds wonderful, especially with an array of A to Z baked goods to accompany the sounds of live music ? !

Have a lovely Sunday,
Ciao, Margi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom