looking for large batch cocktail recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SueZQ

Assistant Cook
I am hosting a party with appx 25 people and want to make a batch of mixed drinks ahead of time so I can focus on my guests. I have a lovely 2 gallon drink dispenser I would like to use and maybe keep some extra on reserve, just in case. We are having beer and wine, so I am just going to do a large batch of one type of mixed drink as an alternative. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of fuzzy navel, maybe orange, peach, pineapple???? Any thoughts?

I am hosting a party with appx 25 people and want to make a batch of mixed drinks ahead of time so I can focus on my guests. I have a lovely 2 gallon drink dispenser I would like to use and maybe keep some extra on reserve, just in case. We are having beer and wine, so I am just going to do a large batch of one type of mixed drink as an alternative. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of fuzzy navel, maybe orange, peach, pineapple???? Any thoughts?
You might consider this one Lime and Pine it's easy just blend 1-6oz can of frozen pineapple juice concentrate and 1 6 oz. can lime ade 6 oz soda water 6 oz of rum or vodka 2 bananas Place all ingredients in blender fill with ice I don't add ice I make cubes from both lime and pinapple juice so I don't dilute the drink plus I leave out the bananas I'm not a banana fan.
Hope this aids you and good luck for your party.
kadesma
PS I have other ideas If your interested. Let me know if you are.

This is a tough one because so many options exist.

I would try to tie it into your menu or party theme.

A Capecodder is not a bad choice though. Vodka, cranberry, lime.

Cosmopolitans. Vodka, orange liqueur, lime and cranberry juice. You can lighten them up with seltzer.

This would be easy and tasty Melon Aqua Fresca
4 cups of chunked melon watermelon, cantaloupe Casaba , I myself prefer watermelon, puree melon briefly til slightly chunky but not completely liquid, Pour puree large pitcher add 1 cup of simple syrup, 3 cups spring water and stir. Refrigerate covered for at least 1 hr. To serve pour over ice in tall glasses Serve same day it's made. You can also do this with fresh chunked pineapplekadesma

Kim’s Rocky Mountain Fever Water
Makes 5 gallons

1 ¾ liter (big bottle) cheap vodka
1 ¾ liter cheap rum
½ to 1 gallon orange juice
5 lb. (or less) sugar
1 small bottle grenadine
sliced orange, lemon and lime rounds
large bottle maraschino cherries, juice and all
Ice

Fill container with ice. Dump all ingredients over ice. Stir. (Kim uses a hoe handle.) Let age 10-20 minutes.

“I can’t even taste the alcohol!”

Last edited:
A good friend, now deceased, used to make Frozen Bourbon Slush for all our tailgates and DH's work parties. Trying to locate the recipe. Also, frozen daquiris, margaritas. You could probably keep several batches of any cocktail in the freezer as the booze won't totally freeze, and replenish when needed. It would just be nice and slushy, no ice needed.

Whoa, Rocky Mountain sounds pretty potent! We used to make "Garbage Pail Punch" in college.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions! I am leaning towards the lime-pine ( mainly because I already have limeade in the freezer and pineapple rum that I can probably use. I wonder if it stay blended nicely or if it will need to be mixed? I am just using a big drink dispenser. .... I also need to think of a fun name for the drink other than "lime - pine"

Last edited:
...also wonder if I should skip the blender and mix by hand, maybe put sliced bananas in ? can you tell I am not much of a bartender????

Thanks for all the suggestions! I am leaning towards the lime-pine ( mainly because I already have limeade in the freezer and pineapple rum that I can probably use. I wonder if it stay blended nicely or if it will need to be mixed? I am just using a big drink dispenser. .... I also need to think of a fun name for the drink other than "lime - pine"
My grand kids call this Limey-piney without booze :LOL: I just call it limey-piney and I'd leav out those bananas they tend to take over the flavor of everything. And so as not to dilute the drink I'd make ice cubes out of lime and Pineapple or as usual all lime, I like pineapple but it's like bananas HERE I AM sort of fruit.
kadesma

Rum Runners!

The Rum Runner
Ingredients:

•Two cups ice
•1 oz pineapple juice
•1 oz orange juice
•1 oz blackberry liqueur
•1 oz banana liqueur
•1 oz light rum
•1 oz dark rum or aged rum
•Splash grenadine
•Optional: one ounce of Bacardi 151 to float on top
•Orange slice (optional)
To make by the gallon use 24oz of each ingredient
On the Rocks:
Fill glass with ice. Add the liquid contents. Pour the 151 in the straw or on the top. This is my favorite way to enjoy the Rum Runner. Enjoy!
No Hurricane glass available, no problem. Anything that will hold liquid will work!
Beware!
With about 4 to 5 ounces of alcohol per drink, your actions tonight could make you legendary tomorrow!

That is the classic Key West version for Fantasy Fest.

Craig

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom