Menu For The 4th of July?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickell

Senior Cook
NOT SURE WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO. NORMALLY WE HAVE
MY FAMILY OVER AND SOME FRIENDS FOR COOKOUT AND FIRE WORKS.
MY FAMILY IS BIG SO THERE IS NORMALLY 50 OR SO PEOPLE AND LOTS
OF FOOD AND FIRE WORKS. WE LIVE IN THE COUNTRY SO WE HAVE A
GOOD PLACE TO BLOW UP:wacko: WE MIGHT GO SEE A FIRE WORKS SHOW THIS
YEAR THAT WOULD BE A FIRST BUT I AM SURE I WILL NEED TO COOK NOT
SURE WHAT TO DO. I DON'T WANT TO DO THE NORMAL COOKOUT
ANY IDEAS?

It will just be my husband & me, but plans are for turkey kabobs.

I have a large Shady Brook Farms marinated turkey tenderloin in the freezer that I plan to thaw out & cut into bite-size chunks & grill on kabobs, along with marinated veg kabobs, probably consisting of whole large mushrooms, chunks of Vidalia onion, chunks of zucchini & yellow summer squash, & chunks of red pepper.

Will probably serve it over a yellow rice mix with a green salad on the side.

What's nice about this is that the kabobs come out just as tasty if the weather doesn't cooperate & I have to do them under the broiler.

Precisely, Mudbug! :)

Still, it would be nice if people here realised that some of us were traumatised by the events of 1776.:cool:

Not sure... we've been invited to a party but I think we'll stay home where it's calm and quiet.

We'll do some bbqing.

We're going to a friend's house like we do every year. His mom makes a feast. Enough to feed 30 or more people easily. Hot dogs, hamburgers, Sausage and peppers, 3 or 4 different salads, brownies, cookies...
you name it, it'll probably be on their kitchen tables

well being from the East Coast that was hit so hard with the rain and with all the flooding going on we will not br having anything. First of all I need to find my grill and then I need to find my downstairs, I did manage to save my pictures and my computer. Right now I am on my friends. Oh yes by the way I did rescue our Jack Russell and our generic cat Tiger and my Hubby.SO YOU ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE HOLIDAY WHILE WE ALL SHOVEL MUD.

Haven't decided yet, but these mozzarella, tomato, bread kabobs with grilled chicken sure look goooood right now.:)

Oh man goodgiver I feel for you. Not too long ago I had around 18 inches of water in my basement. Luckily this time around my house didn't flood.
Good luck with the cleanup.

Goodgiver - I'm sorry, I wish you had a better day planned.

Mish - tomato kabobs - recipe - NOW! Oh my gosh, does that look good! Please share the recipe!

Us for the 4th - inlaws in, family will be over - haven't decided yet - either ribs with cheesy potatoe casserole or burgers and dogs with pasta salad - I still have time, right? And if I get the recipe from Mish - those kabobs!

Goodgiver, I've been wondering if any of our dc friends lived in the affected areas. I hope the rain and flooding lets up there. We have our share of weather problems, but flooding isn't one of them. Hoping the best for you and your family.

Michelemarie said:
Goodgiver - I'm sorry, I wish you had a better day planned.

Mish - tomato kabobs - recipe - NOW! Oh my gosh, does that look good! Please share the recipe!

Us for the 4th - inlaws in, family will be over - haven't decided yet - either ribs with cheesy potatoe casserole or burgers and dogs with pasta salad - I still have time, right? And if I get the recipe from Mish - those kabobs!

Cut up some crusty bread (Italian/French), thread everything on skewers - cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, bread chunks, mushrooms (if you like), brush evoo over all, and grill just till the cheese is melty and the bread is toasty. Thinking I might make grilled chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce, minced garlic and scallions, and some grilled pineapple to go with. I'll probably wind up with burgers and hot dogs though. Wouldn't seem like the 4th without 'em. Your plan sounds delish too.:)

Last edited:
4th ofJuly menu

Whats on your menu for the 4th?
we will have bbq chicken pork hamburgers hotdogs
potatoe salad macaroni salad mac and cheese
baked beans corn on cobb and bread...:chef:

Hi Kimbaby, I am not sure yet. Rickell started a thread on here for July 4, so I've been reading in there to get some ideas. Your menu sounds delicious!

Ishbel said:
We don't celebrate 4 July.... :cool:

And, I bet you also don't celebrate June 17 - King Edward I ("Longshanks") birthday, either!

We're celebrating birthdays that day - my oldest Aunt turns 90 on the 5th and my oldest son turns 30 on the 8th. It will be a BBQ day for sure - smoked chickens and briskett, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, and whatever else Mom and my Aunts decide needs to be on the menu.

Last edited:
You're absolutely correct MichaelFW! But there was a commemorative march at Bannockburn last Saturday which we did celebrate!:)

not at our house

wheeeeooo, i love the 4th but like i said earlier my family brings enough
fireworks to blow the house up and everyone elses. we are not just talking about the stuff
you get at the firecracker stand the the big ones that rattle your windows and shake everyones toes.

waiting for someone else to say it is here this year, well my sister did...

she keeps asking think my yard is big enough? oh yea i say. keep the
hoses ready. most shows last 25 to 45 mins or so this will be at least
3 hrs. good it is not at our house. probably next year.

anyway doing pork, sausage, mac and cheese, salad and maybe german
chocolate cake. and pineapple see what everyone else brings.

cocktails for sure

happy fouth

God bless America

Back
Top Bottom