My Company Christmas Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lefty7887

Sous Chef
I am the chairman for our party each year and this is what we plan on putting out.
Menu:
Ham
Braised Beef
Mac & Cheese
Roasted potatoes
Meatballs
Vegetables
Rolls
Salad
Dessert will be pot luck
Soda Coffee Water

We rent the American Legion Hall to do the party which has enough room for about 250. We have 150 coming this year (14 are kids). We also have a Santa Claus and gift bags for the kids. We will also have a game which is a spin on deal or no deal, which we call no deal because you are stuck with which one you choose, and some door prizes and a fifty fifty raffle which half the proceeds go to charity. Here are some pictures of a previous year.

25078-albums145-picture1343.jpg

25078-albums145-picture1344.jpg

Yes Lisar, I run a little side business at work that sells candy bars, chips, muffins and danishes... All the profits from those sales are to benefit our Christmas Party which we do at no charge. They even gave me a Sam's Club card and let me do their shopping on company time. I like working on those committees that do things for our employees.

Bump for update

Well, today was the day and if I can gauge it from all the talk I heard I will declare victory. I did a little of everything including setting up the hall all the way to doing dishes. (Yes it takes me back to my mess cook duty in the Coast Guard) I had to teach my chefs (volunteers for a better term) that it is faster to just put in an inch of water and steam the veggies instead of trying to boil them in 3 gallons of water. (takes too long and not very energy efficient) For the record we had 150 peeps, 18 of which were kids. Plenty of food, and the left(y)overs went to the Salvation Army which by chance had to feed 16 volunteers for the next 5 days. So that worked out perfectly. Santa Claus came in and had presents for the kids. We had about 25 door prizes and table settings to give away and it kept everyone involved right till the end. Entertainment was a worker that sings locally and he was very entertaining. I didn't win any of the door prizes :( but the thanks I got made it worth it all. :cool: Am I getting long winded? Anywho to make a long story longer I am really tired and in the mood for an adult drink just to celebrate and relax a bit. One of the perks I got was a ham bone with a good amount of meat on it that I will turn into a bean soup and donate it this Sunday to the American Legion for those that show up to watch football there. It will be a nice comfort food to warm up the old bones with the weather turning a bit stomy over the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom