On the road family party stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craftybrat

Assistant Cook
Mostly I got the hubby and me stuff down. But we are hoping to have a big ol' family gathering later this summer with all the tribe. Since we have all been stuck, like everyone else, we a thinking of getting a group area in a campground. Some place close, to really get back together and reconnect.
I love the regular stuff for a fire, hot dogs, marshmallows etc. and have few of my own things for fire. Bacon wrapped shrimp and roasted on a stick apples. What else sounds doable for this thought? Any ideas? We have pie irons and sticks and my van has a pretty well stocked kitchen as well as power and another fully stocked RV. But who wants to cook inside when there is a fire around?
There hopefully will be a few kidos as well as a few seniors, besides me.
We have a few food allergies, but we know how to work around those.
So any ideas?

Here are a few:
- Think about how to rig up something to hold a grate. Then you can use a cast iron skillet to cook over the fire.
- Make pasta at home and bring Italian sausage, onions and bell peppers with you to grill or cook in a skillet. Cut them up and make a sauce with olive oil, garlic and Parmesan cheese.
- Bring skewers and make kebabs with meats and vegetables. You can bring prepared rice or cook it in the RV. If you have a microwave, you can even cook rice in that.
- Make burgers or hotdogs and bake potatoes wrapped in foil in the coals of the fire.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom