"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2021, 11:22 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

On the road family party stuff

Mostly I got the hubby and me stuff down. But we are hoping to have a big ol' family gathering later this summer with all the tribe. Since we have all been stuck, like everyone else, we a thinking of getting a group area in a campground. Some place close, to really get back together and reconnect.
I love the regular stuff for a fire, hot dogs, marshmallows etc. and have few of my own things for fire. Bacon wrapped shrimp and roasted on a stick apples. What else sounds doable for this thought? Any ideas? We have pie irons and sticks and my van has a pretty well stocked kitchen as well as power and another fully stocked RV. But who wants to cook inside when there is a fire around?
There hopefully will be a few kidos as well as a few seniors, besides me.
We have a few food allergies, but we know how to work around those.
So any ideas?

craftybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:37 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Here are a few:
- Think about how to rig up something to hold a grate. Then you can use a cast iron skillet to cook over the fire.
- Make pasta at home and bring Italian sausage, onions and bell peppers with you to grill or cook in a skillet. Cut them up and make a sauce with olive oil, garlic and Parmesan cheese.
- Bring skewers and make kebabs with meats and vegetables. You can bring prepared rice or cook it in the RV. If you have a microwave, you can even cook rice in that.
- Make burgers or hotdogs and bake potatoes wrapped in foil in the coals of the fire.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:21 PM   #3
Wannabe TV Chef

btw welcome Crafty!

There are OODLES of ideas for the campfire... try Pinterest.com ... I love that site! I just searched "Campfire Recipes" and there is a HERD of stuff there.
Kaneohegirlinaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
party