Party food ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacambece

Assistant Cook
I work for the Cambece law firm and we are having a party for holidays what would some good ideas for food be? Sorry this is so last minute, but I just decided I was going.

Cambece

hmmm, food for lawyers... ok, c'mon, that's too easy. i think jim jones of guyana had a good recipe for a kool-aid like punch. (only kidding ja. :). that's a waste of kool-aid)

what are you looking for, more specifically. what is the modus operandi (appetizers-hot or cold, entree, etc.) and is this being done pro bono, or on contingency (does cost matter)? how many perps, uh, i mean clients are you feeding?

Last edited:
Anything on a skewer! This time of year I love doing cubes of chicken breast or a firm white fish and tropical fruit glazed with honey, coriander and (if you like) some fresh chilli :)

Man, Constance! That Fiesta Cheese ball will be what I'm taking to the neighbors' New Year's Eve open house this year! With maybe some fried sliced chourico to go with. GREAT - thanks!

Thanks!

Lee

I made Constance's Sophia's Fiesta Cheese Ball!

It was a GREAT hit!

I used a whole fresh jalapeno, half a red sweet pepper, and 2 slices of red onion, all minced. Otherwise, just as she said.

The veggies added a nice crunch to the inside of the log and the taco seasoning and toasted pecans were a delicously different twist!

It made a lot, so next time I might make two logs and freeze one (think that's okay to do?)

Thanks, Constance!

Lee

P.S. The other things in the picture are good old Pigs in a Blanket and the Best Eggnog in the Universe, which I think I've posted elsewhere.

Attachments

• New Year's 2005.JPG
    New Year's 2005.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 236
QSis, where might we find that eggnog recipe?

Best Eggnog in the Universe (BEITU)

Here it is, Raine. The recipe is posted in the Beverages Forum under "ISO: Killer Eggnog Recipes". It's like a frappe, with booze. Astoundingly good and lethal!

I cut this in half and mostly filled a huge punch bowl. But it's good leftover, too.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Connie,
You can easily use your crab dip recipe to fill the filo cups for your appetizers. PM me and let me know how it all turns out. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom