Reception a success!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Belle Rita

Assistant Cook
Not sure if this is where I was several weeks ago when I asked about quantities for a reception after an adult bar/bat mitzvah that was going to be held on December 19th. Fortunately we're in Massachusetts, not D.C., so we were able to have it, no problem. I was planning on 150 (it wasn't an rsvp situation, but since there were 5 adults participating I figured there would be lots of people) we actually had closer to 175, and someone said 12 pounds of lox would be better than 10. You were right. I always like to have leftovers and we did.

I served egg salad, Middle Eastern carrot salad, Israeli salad, pasta salad, whitefish salad, lox, cream cheese (2 kinds) for the main part of the luncheon, with small potato pancakes, spanikopeta, mushroom and onion noodle pudding, hummus, olives, roasted red pepper dip, pita bread for appetizers, and all sorts of cookies, and ambrosia for dessert. Everything was homemade and I had plenty with leftovers. Not lots of leftovers, but enough so that I knew everyone had enough.

The wait staff had the main luncheon foods covered, so the appetizers could be served first and that worked out well.

And, those of us who were having our bat/bar mitzvah loved having our day. Much more meaningful I think that if we had been 13 when we went through the process. We met for over a year and a half, learned Hebrew, did lots of reading, and learned to read from the Torah. (Okay, we memorized our parts).

Thanks again for all of your assistance with the planning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom