Rotisserie or Weber for beef & turkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slabocans

Assistant Cook
Hi and thanks in advance for your advice.
My first time here only just discovered these forums.
I am cooking christmas lunch for my family, I am planning on doing a turkey and some beef, possibly rib eye.
I will cook 1 on the weber and the other on my rotisserie in my hooded gas BBQ.
Beef on rotisserie and turkey in weber or vice versa?

I'd do turkey on rotisserie and roast in Weber. I'd also add some wood chunks for the turkey to add a smoke flavor. You can do the same for the beef.

Which ever you choose I would place a pan under them with some broth to capture the juices and make gravy. I don't think you could wrong either way.

Thanks guys.
Definitely going to capture the broth for gravy it's the only way!
I have used smoke wood chips on the weber before and love the enhanced flavor. I saw a YouTube clip using apple wood to flavor turkey, I think I might try that.

Thanks guys.
Definitely going to capture the broth for gravy it's the only way!
I have used smoke wood chips on the weber before and love the enhanced flavor. I saw a YouTube clip using apple wood to flavor turkey, I think I might try that.

Apple or cherry for poultry, hickory for beef.

I am going to vote just the opposite. Because that's the way this forum works best. Multiple Opinions. Heheh. Turkey on the Weber, Rotisserie the Beef. I have to agree, apple wood chips while smoke grilling the turkey. I have not made a roast beef on any grill. I am pretty sure an instant read thermometer is your best weapon to use on both of them.

Enjoy the holiday and Please stay here on DC.

I'm gonna hang around and listen to some good advice.
Really tough decision as both have their advantages, either way I'll get some pics.
I notice mostly Americans here? Am I correct?
I'm from Australia so hopefully I can share some good Aussie BBQ tips too :)

I'm gonna hang around and listen to some good advice.
Really tough decision as both have their advantages, either way I'll get some pics.
I notice mostly Americans here? Am I correct?
I'm from Australia so hopefully I can share some good Aussie BBQ tips too :)
Welcome to the group. I need someone to talk to in the late night/early AM hours (USA Eastern time).

You get good lamb in US? Absolutely brilliant garlic, Aunty rosemary a bit of gravy! A favorite of mine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom