Super Bowl food - what are you planning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
Anyone throwing a Super Bowl bash or maybe just prepping snacks for yourself? What do you have planned?

I live on the west coast so the big event begins mid afternoon and we're having a few friends over - nothing fancy. Popcorn, drinks and later in the day homemade pizza (cooked on the grill). My plan is to make the dough the night before (slow rise in the fridge to develop flavor) and then have a make it yourself affair with lots of topping available.

Two 12 inch stones on the grill heated up to 500 and those individual pizza will cook in just a few minutes each.

What do you have planned???

I bought some little smokies, a smoked gouda, some edam, celery and carrots. Apples, Pears, olives (green, kalamata and black), marinated mushrooms. I'm just going to prep it all and have it available. Shrek has invited a friend. I'll probably watch movies in the other room.

Anyone throwing a Super Bowl bash or maybe just prepping snacks for yourself? What do you have planned?

I live on the west coast so the big event begins mid afternoon and we're having a few friends over - nothing fancy. Popcorn, drinks and later in the day homemade pizza (cooked on the grill). My plan is to make the dough the night before (slow rise in the fridge to develop flavor) and then have a make it yourself affair with lots of topping available.

Two 12 inch stones on the grill heated up to 500 and those individual pizza will cook in just a few minutes each.

What do you have planned???

Sounds good Janet! What time should we arrive? Lol!

Yeah, I think I will head to Janet's as well! ;)

No special food here because I will be watching the game alone as TB works and I will probably be munching on my apples and grapes which have become a big part of my diet in the last 2 months.

It is really nice to see Seattle in the Superbowl. Many BC residents are Seahawks fans, including me!

I think, so far, since Carl, Laki, Gwen, and DA's boyfriend will be here for to watch it, we'll have cold cuts of sandwiches and party trays of meats, cheese, and crackers.

This is called finger food, yes? I was thinking of adding French onion soup to the sandwiches. What do you think?

With love,
~Cat

I think, so far, since Carl, Laki, Gwen, and DA's boyfriend will be here for to watch it, we'll have cold cuts of sandwiches and party trays of meats, cheese, and crackers.

This is called finger food, yes? I was thinking of adding French onion soup to the sandwiches. What do you think?

With love,
~Cat

Do you have trays for the bowls to sit on? If one of them gets excited they may jump up when an important play is made and you will find soup all over the floor and furniture. Too many liquids are not a good idea for a Super Bowl game. :angel:

We are having two finger-food get-togethers this weekend.

Tonight we are having friend over and I am making a hot bacon & cheddar cheese dip, a hot buffalo chicken dip, mini-pizzas (cheese, mushroom, sausage), little smokies wrapped in bacon and brown sugar, sweet n sour meatballs, butterscotch brownies.

Tomorrow for the Puppy Bowl we are having mini hotdogs in sauerkraut, meatballs, pulled pork sliders, cheese/crackers/pepperoni, chips and dip. This will then just roll into the Superbowl that evening.

I took some ribs out of the freezer today and will give them a good rub tonight before cooking them early tomorrow. We aren't big football fans, but it seems "unAmerican" to not watch the Super Bowl.;) Being a western girl, I gotta root for the team furthest west! Go Seattle Seahawks!

Living 40 miles south of the Colorado border, I definitely am in Bronco Country. Will head over to my sisters' house, sans sister and BIL who are off becoming grandparents in CA, and share the event with my almost next door neighbor. I will be making a pizza. The TV viewing area at my sisters' is divine. Will also be eating fresh pears that my BIL has delivered weekly from Harry and David.

SO and I, our daughter, SIL and GS will be picking up some ribs, pulled pork, wings and some sides at a local BBQ joint for consumption during the S. Bowl.

Do you have trays for the bowls to sit on? If one of them gets excited they may jump up when an important play is made and you will find soup all over the floor and furniture. Too many liquids are not a good idea for a Super Bowl game. :angel:

I agree that soup in any Super Bowl type party is not a good idea. We went to a party for the SB and the hostess served chili and cornbread in her dining room before the game. We all had a seat and a nice visit then went in to watch the game. (I won $75.00 in the pool).

I agree that soup in any Super Bowl type party is not a good idea. We went to a party for the SB and the hostess served chili and cornbread in her dining room before the game. We all had a seat and a nice visit then went in to watch the game. (I won $75.00 in the pool).

Many years ago my youngest son asked me to host an SB party. Reluctantly I agreed. I have a footstool that opens and has four wooden trays inside. The trays came out and the footstool along with any other piece of furniture that could act as a coffee table or end table was put to use. No spilled drinks or food on the floor or furniture. I also used heavy duty disposable plates and cutlery that could stand up to male use. Some rules were set before I agreed. No one under 21 was to be invited was Rule #1. I refused to have minors drinking in my home. Rule #2 was no hard liquor. :angel:

MC -- Seattle team came to play. Denver team essentially stayed home. Probably the worst match played game ever by two otherwise great teams. The only fun part is it was played outdoors in the north (New jersey) and it was wintery cold. And New York sucked all the pre games parties and hoopla for co-hosting the game. There was panic in the streets, a national shortage of chicken wings and velveeta melty cheese product. The good souper bowl ads were leaked in advance on-line and played on slow news days on the tv. They didn't allow tail gating near the stadium. People had to wait Hours to be bussed/ trained to/ from the game. Seattle deservedly won, but for the rest of the country's fans it was a blow out and a major let down. That was 2 weeks ago. I already forgot what goodies we had to munch on. So, essentially you didn't miss anything.

There's always next year. I, for one, can hardly wait !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom