What Are A Few Good Choices For Healthy Dinners For Kids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mouna

Assistant Cook
Getting kids to eat healthy can be a real challenge for parents. While kids prefer pizza and macaroni and cheese, parents are hoping their kids will eat grilled chicken with vegetables. If kids don't like something, they will just not eat.

Parents have the responsibility to get their kids to eat healthy, while also making sure their kids are getting enough to eat. While fast food may be easier, parents should be preparing healthy meals and finding things that their kids will like.

Healthy food allows kids to get the vitamins they need while preventing the chance of obesity. Here are a few ideas for healthy dinner options that your kids will love.

Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich

Kids love sandwiches and adults love easy they are to make. Instead of just making a grilled cheese sandwich, try a mozzarella chicken sandwich instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get them to eat as many veggis as possible! A good pasta salad will do, as long as you blanch the veggis first! ;)

Tacos and tortilla pizzas can be good options if you offer a variety of healthy toppings.

I think it helps to involve the kids and if possible their friends. For some reason kids seem more willing to try new things and act more mature when they are with other kids.

Another tip that someone mentioned in another thread is to tell a child that they are too young to enjoy a certain food. Every kid is in a hurry to grow up! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Good luck!

Tacos and tortilla pizzas can be good options if you offer a variety of healthy toppings.

I think it helps to involve the kids and if possible their friends. For some reason kids seem more willing to try new things and act more mature when they are with other kids.

Another tip that someone mentioned in another thread is to tell a child that they are too young to enjoy a certain food. Every kid is in a hurry to grow up! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Good luck!

Thats smart. I like that reverse psychology! I was going to suggest a couple things. Simple reconstruction of already kid favorites. Instead of plain mashed potatoes use parsnips and cauliflower. They are aa much healthier alternative.
Also make a puree out of cauliflower and add a little cheese for a hidden veggie in Mac N' Cheese. Of course you can never go wrong when you make your own sauces or dressings (yup even mayo). You can control how much you put into each and most importantly what you put in. EVO Mayo is delicious and a simple bechemel is so universal for dishes like mac n' cheese or fettachini alfredo.

A little off story I just now remembered. I was a very picky kid,my mom tried to feed me veggies every way she knew how. Now at that time was pretty much here is some steamed this that or roasted the other. She made this lasagna for me one time and I cant tell you how but she managed to stuff so much of the stuff i hated into it and I didnt even notice. Eggplant, spinich, of course tomato and even carrot. It was loaded with hamburger meat and mozzarella that when she told me after I didnt care. i just said,"well I didnt taste it..." Depending on your kids however it may help to not say anything or even let them see you making it just incase.

Back
Top Bottom