What did you eat at your wedding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
I'm not really sure what got me thinking about this (perhaps because I'm hungry and it't won't be dinner for another 2.5 hours :-p) but I began to think about all the diverse different foods that people serve at their weddings or places that they go to eat. Which leads me to ask, what did you serve/eat at your wedding?

img_226728_0_c947cfb5178ab5e14bbc5a5e42ab89db.gif

Man I can't believe I can't remember. it was such an important decision at the time. I will have to ask my wife. I do remember the purple Peruvian mashed potatoes though.

If you mean what did we serve, well we had an assortment of lovely little canapes (afternoon wedding so no big meal), and then we had cake on my parents patio and the party sort of went on into the evening and we put out cold cuts and buns for everyone. (My family doesn't like to stop partying)

If you mean what did I actually get to eat...not a darned thing til we got to our hotel room and ordered pizza! LOL!

We secretly eloped in Tahoe at midnight, so we ate at the only place open afterward! (and I wouldn't recommend the beef.....)

Paul and I had a very small wedding. We went to the court house and had the nicest judge in the world marry us. When we walked in his court room he was in the middle of sentencing a bad guy to 20 years in prison. I'm not sure what the crime was but you could tell Judge Hailey wasn't enjoying himself.

When he married us however he had the biggest smile on his face and you could just tell that he liked what he was doing. Any way....

There was just a few very close family members there. David, Paul's parents, my parents, Paul's brothers and a cousin. Afterwards we
all went out to our favorite Greek place and had pizza! It was a fun evening. The next day we had a huge party at our house. MIL made a million Greek dishes and my mom brought some cheese, meat and veggies trays. BIL made some lemon bars and we had a hazlenut wedding cake. There was a keg downstairs and pleanty lots of hard stuff to drink. It turned into quite the party.

Well let's see, first you marry into an Italian family and like it or not ya eat Italian:LOL: Good thinkg I liked it:LOL:
We had antipasto trays on each table, dinner was roast beef, chicken, fried, ravioli,spaghetti, salad, torta, artichokes,rolls, wedding cake, wine, champagne, coffee, tea, then my b-i-l's called over the owner and had him open the bar!!!! Whooo hoo..

Everyone ate, danced and had a ball..Me, didn't eat, the photographer, dragged me all over to take pictures. didn't eat til the next day!!!:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

We had a small wedding and dinner afterward, but I don't remember what it was - that has been a lifetime ago - and I was only 17 - didn't pay much attention to food then.

kadesma said:
Well let's see, first you marry into an Italian family and like it or not ya eat Italian:LOL: Good thinkg I liked it:LOL:
We had antipasto trays on each table, dinner was roast beef, chicken, fried, ravioli,spaghetti, salad, torta, artichokes,rolls, wedding cake, wine, champagne, coffee, tea, then my b-i-l's called over the owner and had him open the bar!!!! Whooo hoo..

Everyone ate, danced and had a ball..Me, didn't eat, the photographer, dragged me all over to take pictures. didn't eat til the next day!!!:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

I haven't attended any wedding yet, but Italian wedding dinner is definetely something else from what I am told. So I can imagine a fair picture of what you went through!! When we were watching "My big fat Greek wedding" Cris was saying Italian weddings are even worse than that!! Also my Italian teacher while I attended a 3 months course 2 years ago told me that "dancing" is usually not a part of wedding ritual in Italy, everyone is too busy eating or too full for any bootyshaking!!

urmaniac13, i come from a large italian family - cris is right, big fat greek wedding is mild compared to ours.....but what fun!

my first marriage was like that, but my second marriage we went to negril, jamaica and we were pampered - we actually ate dinner in a japanese benihana type restaurant.

I can't remeber eating. I know I ordered chicken, but can't remeber eating it. Did not drink much either. I, guess, I was just too nervous to eat or drink.

I checked with my wife and she does not remember either. All she can recall is that there was both chicken and beef on the plate and one of them had some sort of bleu cheese sauce.

One of the reasons we picked the place we did was for the food. The chef was amazing. He had his own veggie and herb garden out back which he gave us a tour of. Both my wife and I made sure we ate our dinners that night even though everyone told us we would not have time to eat. We sure proved them wrong :)

GB, yes it was - and it was very good. My daughter was with us and children are not allowed in the fine dining restaurant, so we chose the japanese restaurant. Grandma was there too - our own little wedding party. Far cry from the big italian weddings my family is used to - but just as special. Have you been there?

Yes that is where we had our honeymoon. I knew when you said you were pampered that that was where you wre talking about :)

We had a great meal at that restaurant. The atmosphere was so cool and the dinner was a lot of fun. That must have been a blast for your wedding.

We really had a great time - from the first day until the last - we ended up staying 2 extra days because my daughter came down with a horrible ear infection :( however, after the first dose of antibiotics she was fine, so we got two extra free days :) It was really nice because they did absolutely everything for us - pictures, video, flowers, reception, and it was so nice! Some of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. The food was great at all restaurants. GB, when were you there? What was your favorite part? High on my list is the pina colada!:mrgreen:

GB - oh my gosh, your wedding pictures are gorgeous! I need to clarify - we stayed at Beaches Negril - which was up (or down) the beach from Sandels. We did have the same Japanese restaurant though. I think the only difference is kids are allowed at Beaches - and I (we) have one - my second marriage. Anyways, your pictures are beautiful and really brought back memories. It looks like you had a great time - and I know the food was good! Thanks for sharing!

Yeah Beaches was directly next door if memory serves. I hope to someday bring my daughter there. We were there in June of 2003.

The best part, that is too hard to pick. The staff was so friendly and helpful, the food was great, the atmosphere was amazing. I love boating so I really enjoyed sailing there. The guys who got you the boats knew me well by a few days into our stay. The would see me on the beach and come over and ask if I wanted them to put a sailboat aside for me in case it got busy.

The alcoholic drinks were great, but so was the coffee. Some of the best coffee I have ever had.

The best part of being there, I can't pick. There was not a single thing that was not amazing!

Back
Top Bottom