What's cookin' for Easter Dinner, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having Lobster Lasagna. We had it in Mexico a few weeks ago and it was, To Die For!! I'm winging it as far as the recipe. I want to try and make it taste just like theirs. I know I'm taking a chance but how wrong can you go with lobster or lasagna. We'll have a salad with it and dessert is undecided so far. It will only be my husband and I our son and his girlfriend. So I'm not too worried. Good luck!

Ham, potato salad, roasted green beans, & rolls. For dessert we're having berry cobbler w/blue bell ice cream, and 4-layer delight (what mom has called "next best thing to Robert Redford" since she got the recipe in the '70s).

We are having lamb, Greek string beans (which include potatoes, parsley, onions and tomatoes), fruit salad, tzatzeki sauce, and dyed eggs. I dyed the eggs using yellow onion skins and then polished them with olive oil. They turned a brown-reddish color. I almost wish I had let them set in the dye overnight.

For dessert, I'm making some lemon cheesecake squares.

I took out a Boston butt from the deep freezer. I will make some Texican Shredded pork and something else to have later in the week. This shredded pork is sort of like carnitas and served with tortillas.

Craig

Ok the plan for Ma's Sunday and Easter is Ham with brown sugar glaze, green beans with butter and toasted almonds, cucumbers in mayo and sour cream, dill, Worcestershire, foccacia, prociuito,salami, coppa Strawberry spinach salad with a sweet dressing, rice torta, scalloped potatoes, befores are avacado salsa and tortilla chips, won ton rolls stuffed with a mix of chopped mushrooms, garlic,shallots then deep fried, icy cold shrimp and cocktail sauce,dyed eggs, pimento cheese:) and crackers, tiny radishes with sweet butter, smoked trout with fennel salad, cloverleaf rolls. dessert cream puffs, red velvet cup cakes, iced sugar cookies,
I feel like I could feed an ary and so happy that I can do all this. Happy Easter everyone
kades

I caught this rabbit lurking around in the yard, so I'm thinking Hasenpfeffer and egg salad sandwiches.

Easter dinner is at little sis's house this year. I'm bringing a roast leg of lamb and hot german potato salad. Not sure what else is on the menu. Guess I'll find out tommorow!:)

There will probably only be 3 of us, but I'm still making a nice dinner. Spiral sliced glazed ham, green beans w/ new potatoes, homemade macaroni and cheese and deviled eggs. Chocolate layer cake w/ buttercream and Easter decorations.

I hope everyone has a blessed Easter and that you are all able to be with those you love.:)

[FONT=&quot]borrowed from a neighbor: May your table be full of loved ones, soul food and peace. Here's to telling the story that never ends.[/FONT]

Burgers on the grill.
Potato Salad ect.
Dessert
It is supposed to be in the 80's which means my one bedroom mansion on the hill will be 100 if I cook, 90 it not.

Last edited:
Burgers on the grill.
Potato Salad ect.
Dessert
It is supposed to be in the 80's which means my one bedroom mansion on the hill will be 100 if I cook, 90 it not.
No cooking for you girl. Happy Easter and enjoy the grilled burger and potatoe salad. Hoe about an orange float?
kades:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom