What's Cooking For Father's Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Going to my BIL's house - he is grilling steaks and chicken. I'm going to take my cilantro/lime potato salad and maybe something else - can't decide right now.

Oh, and I think I'm going to use purple potatoes this time.

Last edited:
I'm making Prime Rib, slow cooked green beans with bacon, and mashed potatoes. It will be one special fathers day. Total amount of people will be about 7-8 people.

They will prepare Crawfish Stew. Actually a type of Crawfish Bisque simplified somewhat.

(Under the careful and watchful eye of Master Chef Uncle Bob of course):ermm:

:LOL:

well my dad is leaving for business in seatle on saturday morning, then visting family. he'll be gone for a week or so so we may celebrate father's day the following Saturday/Sunday or we may surprise him later this week. I'm thinking that the 1st one will be our plan of action seeing as exams are still going on and there's not to much time to plan.
so in short...i don't know what I'll make!:chef:

I have three idea's in my head but not quite sure which one ! Thats one thing I do not like about myself - too changeable, when it comes to food - Can never decide ! :whistling

Just a quick question on Fathers Day, "Do Americans celebrate Fathers Day in June, Im just curious as we in Australia celebrate it in September, so we do celebrate in different time zones, or I should say, different times in the year, just wondering, can someone help??, Thanks.

i'm beginning my vacation!!!! yay!!!!!!

i have to get yard work done very badly, so i'll probably stay home, work, and grill.

legs' filet mignon has me thinking, and i know dw and the boy would love lobster, so it may be surf and turf.

lol, ever since we won a hermit crab down the shore a few weeks ago, my son keeps saying he wants to eat lobster and clammies, even begging us go out to eat in red lobster last week. (it was edible, but way too salty).

We'll probably do a quick afternoon cookout, as it's dd baccalaureate. After may have bonfire and roast marshmellows, make s'mores,maybe bananna boats too. YUM YUM!!!

President Calvin Coolidge, in 1924, supported the idea of a national Father's Day. Then in 1966 President Lyndon Johnson signed a presidential proclamation declaring the 3rd Sunday of June as Father's Day. President Richard Nixon signed the law which finally made it permanent in 1972.

Enjoy!!

ooh, s'mores, good idea mikki.

even though i just stole your idea, "i am not a crook" <<<shaking jowels>>>

:'}

Steal away, my head has an open door policy if something good comes out of it, the knowledge is there for the taking LOL

Think I have finally decided on Fathers Day menu, lol nothing really goes together - but everyones favorite some what. Doing a 3 lb. meatloaf , couple pork tenderloins on the grill, Baked potatoes, baked beans, cucumber salad, cole slaw, deviled eggs, and hot rolls.
Desert will be pistachio dream pie, and my spice cake/apple pie filling desert w/ ice cream !!

Last edited:
We are having both of the dads over for a grill-out on Sunday. I'm grilling fat ribeyes, asparagus on the gril, roased red potatoes, Caesar salad and a mud pie for dessert. Probably a veggie platter with dip for an appetizer.

I have to go to the Farmers Market, the regular grocery and Sam's Club today to get everything I need - lots to do today!

We finally decided on what DH would like with the help of Ethan,Carson and Cade...
snacks toasted,rubbed with evoo baguette, then topped with some gorgonzola,melt the cheese and drizzle with honey and a light sprinkle of toasted walnuts chopped fine, platter of shrimp with cocktail sauce..Rice torta..and a few stuffed onions.
Marinated then grilled tri-tips, garlic mashed potatoes, corn on the cob grilled with butter,salt and pepper and chopped thyme, and salads, potatoes with the usual in it but Im adding some vinegar and mustard to the mayo, plus, before adding the dressing I am going to add a little evoo to the potatoes, I find I don't have to use as much mayo that way..Then as DH love a good crab louie, I'm taking a large platter and filling the center with chopped romaine, then I plan to circle the lettuce with slices of avocado, wedges of tomatoes,halves of hard cooked eggs,slices of lemon,cucumber black olives and top the whole thing with a homemade louie dressing, slices of watermelon,tuscan melon, bunches of green and red grapes plus some strawberries on a platter.Of course we will have grilled garlic,parmesan bread..Dessert, will be an ice cream cake I ordered to celebrate our son's birthday.

Happy Fathers Day to our DC dad's, have a wonderful day.

kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom