Whats the menu for your Easter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm doing a roast tenderloin of beef, lyonnaise potatos, roasted asparagus and green bean casserole. SO is making paklava and a lemon pudding layer cake.

we are having real kielbasi (not that turkey crap for once), sauerkraut, and potatoes; a ham; shredded beets and horseradish; potato salad and coleslaw; polish rye bread; farmer's cheese; steamed asparagus; sauteed stringbeans.

Small gathering this year so we're having a prime rib roast, asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes. With a first course of manicotti and a salad.

It's just my husband & myself, & since he doesn't eat any red meat, that automatically rules out the usual ham, fresh pork roast, or leg of lamb.

Therefore, I usually go one of 2 ways - roast duck, with either an apricot, orange, or cherry sauce; or a smoked turkey. It works out well, because either way I end up with leftovers to be inventive with.

This year it's a smoked turkey (which is thawing as we speak), which will be served with Boursin Cheese Gratineed Potatoes, & a plain buttered medley of spring vegetables (green & wax beans, baby carrots, & sugar snap peas). And of course, the inevitable Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits - lol!!

Easter is at Sis's house this year, I'm contributing leg of lamb, (which I'll bone out tommorow) and grilled asparagus. Bucky, I'm curious about the beets and horseradish. Is this a side dish or a condiment for the ham?
John.

it's a side dish johnl. like pickled red cabbage, it can be served hot or cold.

simply boil and skin a few beets, grate over a bowl, then grate some fresh horseradish into the beets. add s&p, mix, and there ya go. some people like a little vinegar mixed in as well.
i like a lot of horseradish in mine so it clears out your sinuses.

We're just having the normal. Brown sugar spiral ham, green bean casserole, cole slaw, rolls and I'm not sure on the dessert yet.

Sounds like many of us are having very traditional foods for Easter. We are having a spiral ham, roast sweet potatoes, squash casserole, roast asparagus, haven't decided on a salad yet. Dessert is a Zinger cake that my dd is bringing and I'm making a sour cream pound cake to serve with strawberries.

So far it's just ham and jellybeans - have plenty of both.

Big teen cookout here tomorrow night, and nobody coming over on Sunday (our immediate families live so far away).

Sigh.

dh has decided. We are trying to make a change to eat healthier, but get a "cheat meal" every week, this will be it for this week. He's decided he wants pork chops stuffed with green chile & cheese, coated in panko. He also wants homemade french fries & kahlua mousse pie for dessert.

Lol - I've already tried that. Can't get him to eat rabbit either. I guess I should say he doesn't eat "mammals", instead of he doesn't eat "red meat".

Last I'd heard, my husband had to work all week-end, but tonight when he came home, he announced that he had the whole week-end off. I asked him what he wanted for Easter dinner, and he said, "Steak!"
We still have some nice rib-eyes in the freezer, and baked potatoes are easy. There's homemade bleu cheese dressing, bacon bits, and a nice bagged salad mix in the fridge.
Sounds good to me...simple is always good.

Normally would have a roast, but we will not be around for the leavings.

We have some nice lamb shanks, big ones. They may be more mutton than lamb, but we love the taste if they are..

Then are making mashed spuds, we have some parsnips we have not used, and may mash them into the taters.

And if I get energetic, which is unlikely, will do the same with some carrots. Mashed cooked carrots mixed with mashed taters are really good.

Asparagus, probably baked.

And found some nice artichokes that will do nicely.

And that should do it.

Enjoy your Easter DC friends.

I still don't know what salad for my Easter dinner

I haven't been able to come up with an idea for my Easter dinner salad. Everything I think about is too much or too different. I want the right thing to enhance the rest of the meal, but so far no conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom