What's your Easter Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had originally planned a ham meal with the usual sides, but we got a call from Glenn's daughter who lives nearby. "Come to our house. We're having ham." How could we turn that down, plus we'll get to spend some time with the two granddaughters whom we haven't seen since about Christmastime?

Our ham will keep.

Palm Sunday was the big family dinner here at Twin Oaks...With a smoked ham and trimmings. Today after Church will be shrimp po-boys and Zapps potato chips. Chocolate pie for D-Zert

Here we are hosting six members of my wife's family covering 4 generations, from her 92 year old father to her sister's daughter and her (the daughter's) 9 year old son.

We are having a citrus jalapeño glazed ham, roasted glazed carrots, scalloped potatoes au gratin with cheddar and Swiss cheese, asparagus (don't know what preparation as it is being brought by my sister-in-law), rum cake for dessert.

Last edited:
Final menu is: mixed greens with strawberries and oranges (goat cheese or Feta optional), ham, roasted carrots, roasted red and gold potatoes, asparagus with lemon zest and Parmesan cheese, and steamed broccoli (my BIL's absolutely favorite veggie). Dessert? All depends on what/if my SIL is bringing. Leaving it all up to here. And if she chooses "no dessert"? My taste buds might not be happy, but I'm sure my hips will thank her.

Not sure if any food pics will show up, but at least you can tell I have things ready for yummies.

Happy Easter, everybunny!

Attachments

• 2016-03-27 13.51.12.jpg
    2016-03-27 13.51.12.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Its Easter already? No wonder I did not get any mail yesterday.

We had a mail delivery yesterday. But our mail comes at 11 a.m. A lot of companies allow their employees to take leave of their job between the hours of 12 noon and three p.m. for religious purposes on Good Friday. A lot of employees do not return to work. Even Non-Christians. :angel:

Last edited:
We are having deep fried scallops with FF. I decided to make my own fries this time. I have already blanched them. Quick and easy. I forgot all about it being Easter this soon. I like it better when it is in April. Still too chilly for the kids to show off their Easter finery. :angel:

Going easy this year. Quick simple ham salads. Crack bread.
Bunny ears Easter candy for dessert. Quick call PETA!

Hoppy Easter everyone :)

Shouldn't leave me alone! I play with my food.............PIZZA, Happy Easter...

img_1460475_0_6c18bc27695701fa16ac9d604011473f.jpg

Instead of going out for Chinese, I cooked Chinese. Spicy pork lettuce wraps, chicken in shoaxing wine and ginger, bok choy with chestnuts, fried rice.

I did a spiral honey/brown sugar glazed ham cooked in the crockpot all day, and some maple beans with bacon. Also some cheese potatoes (made with Velveeta and butter).

Late Easter dinner tonight. We had a 5 lb leg of lamb roast for 3 people. Needless to say I'll be eating leftovers for the next week. But that's fine with me.

Not the prettiest plate, but by the time dinner was on the table, I was hungry, tired, and more interested in eating than taking photos. It was quite good.

img_1460509_0_58fde5658d7d52e5ac4acd0cf4cbedab.jpg

img_1460509_1_e096376199a545d3649b2aeee0abbda5.jpg

The definition of eternity is two people and a ham.
:ROFLMAO: Truer words have never been spoken!

We did a turkey dinner last night. Hubby's mom & sister came out to visit for the weekend, but since they had to fly home tonight we had dinner yesterday. We stuffed various herbs under the skin of the bird and let it slow-roast all afternoon. It was absolutely delish!

Our sides were fresh-baked dinner rolls, spinach salad, creamy garlic mashed potatoes with gravy, and the best stuffing I've ever had - which says a lot, because I do NOT usually like stuffing. My MIL makes this amazing stuffing with fried onions & bacon. So. Good. :yum: Then we finished the night off with apple pie. Just store bought, nothing fancy.

Today was filled with leftover turkey dinner sandwiches. Just like tomorrow will be. That might just be my favourite part of turkey dinner!

I must say, great job everyone! All of your dinners sound SO good too!! :chef:

Going easy this year. Quick simple ham salads. Crack bread.
Bunny ears Easter candy for dessert. Quick call PETA!

Hoppy Easter everyone :)

I called them and the woman that answered the phone had a mouthful of chocolate. She had just bitten off both ears of a very large bunny! So I just hung up. :angel:

Love your bunny pizza, Joey!

Steve, at least you took a picture. ;) Me, not so much.

My wonderful SIL came through with dessert - homemade apple strudel. Store-bought filo, but lovingly layered by hand. We love it when she shows up with strudel. :yum:

As far as dinner, no photos because we were all hungry and just dug in. Did something a little different with the roasted carrots - I sprinkled some crushed Aleppo peppers on it. Added a nice touch. Sure to be repeated around here at future meals.

Back
Top Bottom