What's your Easter Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
Happy Easter to everyone.

What are your plans for your Easter Dinner.
I am having 2 of them, The first one is with my 93 yr old Aunt. She is the only one left on my dad side and just got home from a 3 month stay in rehab after being sick, She is doing great.

I offered a few ideas for Easter dinner, including the typical ham dinner but she pick with great determination a Chicken barbeque picnic. We are having a indoor picnic with Barbeque chicken, macaroni salad, potato salad, baked beans, fresh baked rolls, and an orange pound cake with mix berries.

The second dinner is with the hubbie, Roast beef, mashed potatoes,- corn (his fav)- roasted asparagus,- dinner rolls and for desert hubbies fav whip cream cake. The famous chocolate wafer cake you know the one off the yellow box. His request at every holiday

Hope the Easter bunny is good to you.

I'm having my daughter and her boyfriend over for dinner on Sunday. We're having a butterflied leg of lamb roast, salad, and oven roasted Brussels sprouts. I wasn't too keen on the sprouts because it's something I eat often, but she absolutely loves my recipe. I offered her several veggie alternatives before finally capitulating. :neutral:

I'm also going to attempt a low carb version of egg custard pie for dessert. Egg custard was an Easter tradition of my grandmother's. I loved it when I was a kid, but haven't had it for years.

My mom and her husband are coming for Easter dinner. She's bringing a ham and asparagus and I'm making scalloped potatoes, a wilted spinach salad, and French bread rolls.

Not sure what to do for dessert. Pound cake sounds good. Maybe I'll do a Meyer lemon version.

No guests for Easter dinner this year. I'm not sure what I'll cook. I have some turkey breasts and thighs in the freezer. I may roast them for a mini turkey dinner.

A miniature ham dinner with all the trimmings.

This is the first year that I did not buy a ham, it almost killed me to pass up all of the great deals but I'm determined to keep the leftovers to a minimum.

Ham steak
Kielbasa
Cauliflower Gratin
Maple glazed carrots
Cabbage salad
Pickles, olives, horseradish
Mixed berries with cream

It sounds like a lot but all of the amounts are just enough for dinner and a round of leftovers on Monday.

We are a ham family. Along with this we will have ---

Scalloped potatoes, Dx
Cheesey Potatoes, Jr
Roasted carrots, me
Buttered corn, also me, now that I read this idea above.
Grilled asparagus, BIL
Another veggie, Nephew
At least 2 salads,
Sliced fresh pineapple, by ?
Store bought pie, SIL
Home made pie, Niece
Strawberry short cakes, a SIL
Candy -for the kids in all of us. :neutral:
Pretty sure there will be more + appies, as no one comes empty handed.

Brandied rabbit in mustard sauce with maple orange glazed carrot stuffing, and maple mustard roasted sweet potatoes and shallots

It will be just the two of us for Easter dinner. I'm doing a two bone rib roast, the Chef John way. It's never failed me yet. I'll serve the Au Jus in our individual butter warmers. The SC will have a loaded baked potato and we'll also have roasted asparagus with Hollandaise sauce, and glorified salads. Mixed berries with whipped cream.

I hear you Bea! The definition of eternity is two people and a ham.

:LOL: Isn't that the truth! I'd get a ham, but my freezer is already so packed I don't think I'd be able to find room for freezing the portioned out packages.

I'll be going over to my daughter's for Easter dinner. We usually have pretty much the same thing that everyone likes - baked bone-in half ham, scalloped potatoes, yams, asparagus, biscuits, and pie. I usually end up taking some leftovers home, just enough for a meal or two for one.

I can't get the Springer Mountain Farm chicken I planned on cooking. Bummer. I put a call into Himself's sister to see if she and her DH want to come over, but I haven't heard back yet. Whether they're here or not, I'll now go with my Plan B meat: ham.

Probably have salad, a couple different veggies, and small potatoes. How much depends on how many of us are here. Oh, who am I kidding? :LOL: I ALWAYS cook for 6+ even when it's just the two of us.

I'll delegate dessert to my SIL if they come. If they don't, we'll go without dessert. Or, perhaps, take a ride to a local ice cream stand to see if they're open for the season. Yum.

All Day Easter Feast

Here's the plan for the two of us in the middle of the desert...

Breakfast will be a Frittata made with pancetta, red bell peppers,
shallots, ricotta, mozz and parm; juice and Italian bread, lightly toasted,
no butter please

Lunch with be up at the commuinty pool, where we have a lovely Bistro, so we'll more than likely order a salad and lounge around the lovely swimmin' hole with an adult beverage

Dinner, I've already purchased Boar's Head Sweet Slice Ham, cut into beautiful steaks; I'll roast fresh Asparagus with EVOO, garlic and S&P, and Pillsbury Popin' Fresh Crescent rolls

Dessert will be Tunnel of Fudge Cake ala Cook's Country (America's Test Kitchen), I've been wanting to try this recipe. It keeps for two days, so I made that cake today, so that I don't have to fuss with with it on Sunday.
NOW, let's see if it lasts that long :LOL:

Last edited:
Hadn't given it a thought yet, but we will be shopping for the week today and something will go on the list for Sunday.

Happy Easter to all of you! Hope there is much chocolate in there, somewhere. :LOL:

We will be having, God willing:

Ukrainian-style "perogies" filled with potatoes or sauerkraut (actually peroheh is the correct way to say it)

Feta, pear & walnut salad with a dressing suggested by the good folks at discusscooking.com

Poached eggs

Spring greens

Beet-horseradish relish, home made of course

Home-made cuc pickles,
simple lactofermented

DESSERT: wild Saskatoons, cooked.
Nothing fancy.

Looks like dinner tomorrow will be a Paella with chicken thighs, Spanish chorizo, shrimp, clams and I will be subbing a dungeness crab for lobster this time.

Easter Meat pie (Pizzagaina) and HB eggs for breakfast

Dinner:
Stuffed artichokes
Greek Salad
French Baguette Garlic Bread
Lamb
Mashed Potatoes (chives & sour cream)
Gravy
Asparagus
Lemon meringue pie

Looks like dinner tomorrow will be a Paella with chicken thighs, Spanish chorizo, shrimp, clams and I will be subbing a dungeness crab for lobster this time.

Change of plans. They were out of clams and the shrimp that were left didnt look too good so we will be having an Asian flavors brined, black tea smoked, roasted chicken with baby bok choy cooked somehow and maybe another side of some kind. Paella will have to wait for later next week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom