What's your Super Bowl menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

97guns

Senior Cook
i plan to make some pizza and ribs and maybe my bean dip

We'll be arriving home from vacation about the time the SB starts. In anticipation of that, SO stashed a couple of TJ's flatbreads in the freezer before we left. Those and some beer should keep me happy for a while.

DVD player and a stack of Buffy The Vampire Slayer episodes, bed, pillows and low light. A couple of cats.

i'm starting with broiled buffalo wings with the requisite celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.

next up is a spinach and baby greens salad with dried cranberries and toasted goat cheese rounds in raspberry balsamic dressing.

pulled pork sliders and steak fries for the entree. i'm not sure if i'm going to smoke the pork shoulder all the way, or just for a few hours and then finish it in the crock pot.

DVD player and a stack of Buffy The Vampire Slayer episodes, bed, pillows and low light. A couple of cats.

my little buddy

img_1103392_0_e8b0a3c33dda06545072fcbb30d2e648.jpg

img_1103392_1_958be6395e553b03945f38d318d7d727.jpg

We'll be arriving home from vacation about the time the SB starts. In anticipation of that, SO stashed a couple of TJ's flatbreads in the freezer before we left. Those and some beer should keep me happy for a while.

Hope yer flight isn't delayed Andy!

My plan at this moment is to buck the wing trend (was reading an article about the very large increase in sales of wings this week) and go with chili. Will pull some of the ground deer outta the freezer and use that.

I modified a portable gas grill to use a battery operated rotisserie. I live in an apartment, so I did this modification over at my brothers house. I plan to rotisserie two cornish game hens there this Sunday. I'll take pics and post them this Sunday evening.

I'm very proud of the modifications.

Last edited:
I modified a portable gas grill to use a battery operated rotisserie. I live in an apartment, so I did this modification over at my brothers house. I plan to rotisserie two cornish game hens there this Sunday. I'll take pics and post them this Sunday evening.

I'm very proud of the modifications.

id love to see pics of your birds, i'll throw my pizza pics up too

I'm thinking chili here. DH will be gone to a gun show (he's not into football anyway) and that will be something I can cook and he can enjoy when he gets home.

I don't have any idea yet, but as far as snacks go, I've been eyeballing this recipe:

Caramelized Onion Dip Recipe | Simply Recipes

I made my first batch 2 weeks ago. I caremelized 3 onions with some madeira and pulsed it with some sour cream. Best I ever had! Nothing like packaged or the envelope. It was a little sweet so next time i will probably add a little heat and use sherry.

I'll know tomorrow if we have company. If so, I will make my chili since it holds so well. Rice, and maybe a orange,onion,spinach salad 70's style. Haven't thought about munchies yet.

Anybody see the microwaved potato chip recipe on Yahoo? Toss some thin slices with evoo and salt and micro for 6 minutes. I may try that.

Last edited:
Whatever it is, it will just be dinner as usual for us. I will probably make something for dh for halftime but we have never done the big Superbowl party fare. Personally I am hoping dh will cocoon in the bedroom to watch the game and leave the livingroom for a good movie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom