Chocolate Cobbler (with a question)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
OK, I have decided this is what I am going to make for Valentine's Day dessert - I've got some red dessert Champagne (sparkling wine since it didn't come from France) that I think will be perfect with this. BUT I want to make this in individual ramekins - might have to do some ramekin and a smaller pan to do the remainder of the batter. Is there some golden rule for converting to a ramekin as far as cooking times are concerned? I know it will be less, but can anyone guide me a little? Thanks.

CHOCOLATE COBBLER

2 bags (7 oz. each) Chocolate “Riesen” Caramels, unwrapped (about 50 pieces)
1 recipe Chocolate Cake (I used a box of Devil’s Food and prepared as per box directions)
½ C unsweetened Cocoa
½ C Sugar
½ C brown sugar, packed
3 C strong, hot coffee
Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream

Pre-heat oven to 350° F.

Place unwrapped caramels into bottom of a baking pan (13 x 9 x 2) that has been very lightly sprayed with Pam.

Make your cake batter, or prepare mix according to directions on box.

In a saucepan, combine the cocoa, sugar, brown sugar and coffee. Heat until the sugars are dissolved.

Pour the cake batter over the caramels, spreading it out evenly … then carefully pour the warm coffee mixture over the batter … DO NOT STIR.

Bake @ 350 for about 45 – 50 minutes, until the cake is firm (toothpick test won’t work on this one).

The cake will be “floating” on top of the sauce that has formed in the bottom of the pan.

Allow to cool 15 minutes.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Serve warm, topped with some sweetened, freshly whipped heavy cream, or vanilla ice cream.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom