Fruit-Filled Shortbread cookies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I have an idea for a sandwich cookie. Here's what I'm thinking, shortbread cookie rounds, like Pecan Sandies, with a Newton style fruit paste in between the cookies, or a vanilla Oreo style cookie, with the same filling. Or you could roll out the cookie dough, spread the filling down the middle, and fold the sides to the middle, pinch the seam together, and flip it all onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, like a Newton.

Here's a filling recipe. You can change out the fruit to any dried fruit you want.

Filling:
(about 1 cup) pitted and dried figs Or other dried fruit dried
2 tablespoons applesauce
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch salt
1/2 cup water,

Place all ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Cook down until reduced by half. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.

Shortbread cookie dough: You can use finely chopped pecan in place of the nuts in the rcipe
1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
• 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda
• 1/4 tsp of Salt
• 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
• 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
• 1 Egg
• 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
• ½ cup of Finely Chopped Hazelnut
• ½ cup Finely Chopped Cashews (or Macadamia Nuts)
• Powdered Sugar

cream together the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and egg. Beat unti smooth. Add the nuts, and stir to combine. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix into a cookie dough. Don't over mix.

roll out on floured surface into a thin sheet. Cut rounds with an empty, and cleaned soup can, or doughnut cutter, or drinking glass that's been dipped in flour. Assemble cookies and bake at 350 for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and let cool to room temp. Enjoy.

Seeeeeya' Chief Longwind of the North

I have baked the cookies, and made the fillins, but not at the same time. The recipes are sound. They just need to be put together.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom