Goboenomo's Apple Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
Hey guys.
Sorry for taking so long. I didn't forget about you.

My apologies.

But, here it is.

Filling

5 lbs apple pieces ... i would say the size of the ones at my work are about a 16th of an apple, then we rip it in half.
5 oz brown sugar
4 oz oatmeal cookie mix
3 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 fl oz liquid honey

Crumble Topping

40 oz oatmeal cookie mix
4 fl oz butter, melted
3 tbsp brown sugar

Bake at 375F for 12-15 mins

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess not then...
I'm gonna ask my mom to pick up the ingredient sometime.

Somebody let me know if uve tried making it.

Its a premade cookie mix. You just add water and eggs to it...I think and put it in the over to make cookies.

You know what. Next time I go to work, I'll find out whats in the cookie mix.
I'm working Saturday

You can find it in the baking section of the store... by the cake mixes.

I've never tried it but my son
has used the chocolate chip kind. He said that they were "good". I'm sure they're better than the ready made store bought ones but... not as good as homemade.

Homemade cookies are always better but something tells me this recipe is EASY and good!

Gobo - you don't need to look up the ingredients - there are plenty of recipes on the net. I may just make this this weekend.

Just use quick oats, brown sugar and flour. About a cup each of the flour and oats and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Mix that up and then measure it like you would the cookie mix. That should do the trick.

pdswife said:
You can find it in the baking section of the store... by the cake mixes.

I've never tried it but my son
has used the chocolate chip kind. He said that they were "good". I'm sure they're better than the ready made store bought ones but... not as good as homemade.

Would that be "Betty Crockers" cookie mix? At Wal-Mart it cost about $1.50. It comes in a pouch. There is chocolate chip or peanut butter.

Last edited:
i may be misinformed, but i think that a cobbler has a biscuit topping. this type of topping would be termed a crisp.

for any one wanting to substitute the cookie mix, a typical crisp topping would go something along the lines of 1 part shortening, 1 part sugar, & 2 parts flour(this is off the top of my head, but ratios can vary a lot). just go ahead and mash it all together with your hands. it should end up crumbly.

for the above recipe, working about equal parts butter, brown sugar and flour plus some cinnamon into a paste and then adding some quick cooking oats until it gets to being crumbly would be good for the topping. for the filling, a good handful of flour would do just fine. personally, i wouldn't cut the apples so small, and i'd add a squeeze of lemon and a good pinch of salt. cooking time could vary a lot depending on what size pan you're using and how deep the apples.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom