Most Indulgent Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Ok, So my youngest daugher's MIL gave her son, DD's DH, a recipe that make an very tasty peanut butter cookie. When I first saw the recipe, I though that it wouldn't work. But they made it and the cookies were very good, once cooled. Here it is:
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg

Combine and mix thoroughly. Bake at 350' for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely to firm up.

My wife loves these cookies. But you know me; I have to experiment. I ate a piece of one just a little while ago and concentrated on the flavors and texture of the cookie, It was crisp, but not hard. It was very sweet, and had a strong peanut butter favor. And it reminded me of a once favorite, the white chocolate, macadamia nut cookie. That inspired me to open this post with ideas that should create some very memorable cookies. Here goes.

First, this one is tried and true. I made these for a lady who held an art showing at her house, along with several other kinds of cookies. These were an outrageous hit. Eveeryone loved them, and they went fast. I give you the Nestle Tollhouse with bacon cookie.

One Nestle Toll house cookie recipe
6 slices of bacon
Oven fry bacon until lightly crisped. Drain and crumble. Make the Toll house cookie recipe, and fold in the bacon bits. Bake as per package instructions. Let cool.

Extremely indulgent Cookie:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
1/2 cup macadamia nuts

Combine all ingredients and stir until completely mixed. Bake at 350'F. for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and put on cookie rack. Let cool.

Nestle Toll house Cookie, Altered as per Chief Longwind
Another tried and true that got rave reviews:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2tbs. water
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) butterscotch morsels
1 cup chopped nuts
Bake at 350' F. for 15 to 20 minutes

These cookies come out softer, fluffier, and more cake like, but still like a cookie.

Nestle Toll house alteration #2

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup dutched cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups 70% cacao chocolate chunks, or 1 cup chocolate nibs
1 cup chopped nuts
This is for those that love intense chocolate flavor, and I mean intense

Lemon Shortbread Cookie-Bar
1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tbs. Lemon Juice
zst of 1 lemon

Cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla extract and lemon juice and zest. Add the flour, salt, and cornstarch. Stir with wooden sppon until just mixed. Overmixing will create a tough shortbread.
Spread the dough evenly on a square cake pan. Bake at 350" F. for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool. Top with lemon curd.

Shortbread cookies
We all ove pecan shortbread cookies. Well, what if you were to substitute the pecans out and use hazelnuts instead, and throw in some good chocolate chunks into the nix? Oh my!:ohmy:

Now, it's your turn. Think about your favorite cookies, what you know about ingredient interactions, and alter your favorites, but changing nuts, or leavening agents, or add fruits like dried blueberries, or cranberries, or raisins. What would shredded coconut due to that cookie? Put your thinking caps on and create something amazing, a new backlava, or chewey caramel cookie, or...:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Chief, the peanut butter cookie recipe is one I have used for 50 years, I got it from my Great Grandmother. Love them, quick and easy. Never thought to add anything to them and I always used chunky peanut butter.

That peanut butter recipe goes back way far..
I recall that my mother baked those when I was a kid.. She told me they couldn't have them during WWII as sugar was not readily available.. They were her favorite..

Ross

Variations?
I add 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa into the basic Toll House recipe, and swap out the chips for mint chocolate chips.

Back
Top Bottom