Peach Cobbler Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are so so welcome! I enjoy this recipe a lot, and I'm glad that I can share it with others!

Thanks for the great feedback!

it didn't brown and look like the picture. Otherwise it was easy to make. The butter seemed to be puddled also. I left it in an additional 5 minutes and still not brown. However, the peaches were done and I put it out to cool. Since I am cooking for my invalid wife I look for quick things to cook. BTW my oven temp is correct..

Last edited:
I have made this many times and it is great. Some things I have done. Yes you can use canned peaches. I use one of the large cans. I have used canned pears (UMMM), apples, blackberries, frozen strawberries, mango... It's unlimited.

The only time that I had trouble with it browning was when I used a high sided casserole dish, now I use a deep dish pie dish and it always browns well with all of the butter and sugar!

I know this is a dated thread but please humor me. I'm hungry for a peach cobbler but no fresh peaches are available. I've got two cans of canned peaches in heavy syrup and if I was to use them, how much sugar would you recommend?

Sir Loin, I was stationed at a reserve unit in WV and had army business at the national guard camp outside of Kingwood. I stopped at a restaurant in town for lunch and had the buckwheat pancakes. I was not disappointed.

Lance, I'm not sure canned peaches would be a good choice. They're pretty much already cooked by the time they're processed. If you're looking to use them up, you could top with a crumble topping, or take a short-cut with granola.

If your aim is to make a baked cobbler, I think frozen peaches are a better bet. Good luck with getting a taste of summer!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom