7 Foods Not to Eat... Beef, Milk, Apples...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those issues have been known for years and are non-news. But people don't want to know that they're harming themselves, they think they know better just because they don't die the following day, when in reality, it may take years or even a couple of decades for the poisons to accumulate. (Many toxins never get flushed from the human body.)

The news is filled with stories about the drastic increase in Diabetes, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and other ailments that, until about 70 years ago, were minor in significance statistically. Coincidentally, that's when food additives and producing methods radically changed. - The New Age! -

Yeah, right! :-p Pfssssss.....

I like the one where the "expert" says "Try this experiment: Buy a conventional potato in a store, and try to get it to sprout. It won't,"

He must buy his from a diferent store than me. I have had them sprout.

I like the one where the "expert" says "Try this experiment: Buy a conventional potato in a store, and try to get it to sprout. It won't,"

He must buy his from a different store than me. I have had them sprout.

He doesn't shop where I shop either....They sprout, and will reproduce if planted....

No grain feed beef?? The "X-Spurt" is co-owner of a Grass fed farming operation...I'm sure he was/is not influenced by $$$$$$$ :ermm:

It was that kind of watchfulness and extended effort that makes it illegal today to feed hogs with feed that contains diseased cow, sheep and pig parts - which made it into our food system for many years! Laziness, uncaring and $$$ drove many of the feed producers back then too. Many of the same ones today that have corn to sell... That's where the REAL money is! NOT pasturing cattle.

And if you read the news story, it's not just one person saying that, it's ALL of the food experts they interviewed coming together on a consensus over these seven items.

THe midwest has used corn fed meat for more than a century out of neccesity. Cattle can't reach the grass through 3 feet of snow. I agree that we have too many artificial additives in our foods.

My question is, if this is bad for us, how did it make it to the shelf? Where is the regulation? Lets find the people who signed the "ok" and string them up.

Oh, and my potatoes sprout too. Both Sweet and White.

Corn farmers have seen the average price per bushel decrease by over a dollar this year. Considering USDA predictions of average yield of 162.9 bushels per acre this year, the average farmer will make $162 fewer dollars per acre than he or she would have last year...The 2009 estimated corn crop is 12.954 billion bushels...Almost 13 Billion dollars LESS than last year...That's REAL money.

ALL of the food experts they interviewed ....

One thing that bothers me about articles like this is the lack of substantive data...
WHO were these "experts"?
Where's the supporting data?
Otherwise, it's just an article crafted to pull emotional strings and grab headlines.
Worth investigating if it bothers you enough to do the research, but worthless as a
"scientific" article.

The Sky is falling! The sky is falling!

One thing that bothers me about articles like this is the lack of substantive data...
WHO were these "experts"?
Where's the supporting data?
Otherwise, it's just an article crafted to pull emotional strings and grab headlines.
Worth investigating if it bothers you enough to do the research, but worthless as a
"scientific" article.

The Sky is falling! The sky is falling!

As they quite often say here: "Google it!" You'll find tons of data, including scientific for much of it. (I haven't read about all 7, but some of them - yes - for years.)

That's like saying: "The President said what!? Can you prove it? Is it scientifically proven to be true? Would he really say that? Are those news people REAL reporters?" The point is, if you don't want to believe it... don't, but don't ridicule - just let it go.

My question is, if this is bad for us, how did it make it to the shelf? Where is the regulation? Lets find the people who signed the "ok" and string them up.
The USDA relgulates livestock production and slaughter. They are the same agency that is charged with promoting US agriculture. How's that for a conflict of interest?

Worth investigating if it bothers you enough to do the research,
yup, selkie, that's what I said.

What I meant was DONT TAKE THESE THINGS AT FACE VALUE.. do your own research, get the facts, make an informed decision!

You mention farmed salmon but I heard fresh caught salmon in Upstate New York rivers is worse. Regardless I eat both because Salmon is delicious and nutrient packed. I'll take my chances.

... until about 70 years ago, were minor in significance statistically........

Coincidentally 70 years ago people did not know or had any ways/means to even find out who had what, or why they died. That is not to say that I am for all the chemicals that are being added to foods. But for example Italians, a west majority of them, use canned tomatoes to make spaghetti and pizza sauces and we are talking much more significant numbers than any Americans. And look at them, they are healthier than Americans, they have larger families (that is to dispel the myth of infertility caused by canned tomatoes) than Americans, the life is expectancy is no worse than Americans.

The article though had some well known points, duh, was vehement Pro Organic propaganda. Recent studies have not shown any significant reasons to eat organic versus none organic. My guess is that is because there are so many chemicals in the water, in the air, in soil it self that I do not know what it would take to make foods truly organic, because most of them simply are not.

Coincidentally 70 years ago people did not know or had any ways/means to even find out who had what, or why they died. That is not to say that I am for all the chemicals that are being added to foods. But for example Italians, a west majority of them, use canned tomatoes to make spaghetti and pizza sauces and we are talking much more significant numbers than any Americans. And look at them, they are healthier than Americans, they have larger families (that is to dispel the myth of infertility caused by canned tomatoes) than Americans, the life is expectancy is no worse than Americans.

The article though had some well known points, duh, was vehement Pro Organic propaganda. Recent studies have not shown any significant reasons to eat organic versus none organic. My guess is that is because there are so many chemicals in the water, in the air, in soil it self that I do not know what it would take to make foods truly organic, because most of them simply are not.
Its funny that you can knock researchers for being biased then follow up with a claim that is anecdotal at best, purely misguided at worst, and provides absolutely no causal evidence or even a lucid causal claim.

That was exactly my point, that those researchers reserch and find what they are paid to find. And yes it is anecdotal that people also onlu find the facts that they want to find. My motto is moderation and not some nonsence research.

That was exactly my point, that those researchers reserch and find what they are paid to find. And yes it is anecdotal that people also onlu find the facts that they want to find. My motto is moderation and not some nonsence research.

Oh, and you alone are qualified to separate the real research from the nonsense research? Well, I wasn't aware that you had that kind of power. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were such an authority.

I do not qualifie or disqualified either. Read what I said, "My motto is moderation".

But no research from 1978, I would not consider that a research to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom