Anyone tried Colon cleansing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Does anyone have a good detox cleansing recipe? Bloating, fatigue and edema has me feeling horrible this last 2 weeks. I need something that works to get this poison out of my system.

I have done Stanley Burrough's "The Master Cleanser" fast/cleanse five times. Check out www.thelemonadediet.com/PDFbooklrt.html I started having food intolerances at around 20 years old. After 12 years of numerous medical doctors, upper/lower GI's, etc, I got fed up with being sick all the time & started researching body cleanses. I was most impressed with Stanley Burroughs' cleansing. Come to find out my mother-in-law & a friend in the boating industry have been doing his fast for years. It was amazing my results, I can now eat anything & everything except for MSG. My life no longer revolves around bathrooms & I don't have a near panic attack when someone invites me to their house for dinner. I do it now once a year just because I feel so refreshed afterwards.

The lemonade is quite filling & honestly, at times it's hard to drink as much as suggested. I still would cook & cater for others & was not hungry or even tempted. The first time you do it, stick close to home because you do expel toxins frequently. After your first time, you know your limitations in travel & going out & about. The optional salt water cleanse is tough but I just thought of the things people drank on Fear Factor & salt water didn't seem so bad. The salt water cleans you out really fast!

I would recommend this fast/cleanse to everyone. Everything you need to do the cleanse, you can buy at Whole Foods or a good grocery store. Some of the fasts I looked into make you buy their products which turned me off. Do check with your doctors if you're on certain medications or have a medical condition. But be aware not all medical doctors are totally supportive of holistic or homeopathic methods. My doctor said, "We've exhausted all medical options so why not try it & see what happens." He too was pleased with the results. Feel free to pm me with any questions. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

:) Colonics really don't help that much. I think going on a fruit and vegetable juice regimen is much healthier. Even the old cabbage soup diet that was the fad for loosing weight is a great cleanser. More fiber is really good. I think going going on a special diet is much healthier than something as invasive as a colonic or pills etc. However you can get herbal colon cleanser regimens via pill that work quite well.

Last edited:
That might help bloating, but, it won't do a thing for fatigue or edema in the legs.

Those are symptoms of anemia, Tg - I've been there, more than once. Please get to a doctor and have a blood test done for hematocrit and hemoglobin. If you're healthy, a colon cleanse won't do anything for you, and if you're not, it could make things much worse. Take care.

Got Garlic is right Texas, have the doc check you out..OTC things can do more harm than good in certain instantces.

kadesma

Miss Stacy, I could give ya three or four old Indian remedies that I picked up along the trail on cattle drives from South Texas up to the Powder River country in Montana, but I think the best thing would be to go see your family physician first!!! OK??

tg, if you want to get cleaned out the fun way, get about 10 or 12 magner's irish ciders.

it's hard apple cider, but after a few you'll feel no pain as it liquefies everything in your guts. it's rocket fuel, i'll tell ya what.

Hahaha BT! Yes cider will certainly clean you out! (Not that I've had any personal experience with this) :ermm:

I would agree that a trip to the doctor is best to rule out anything serious.

I also do the Master Cleanse twice a year but as Clienta mentioned, not all medical doctors are supportive of holistic or homeopathic methods. It has also cured me of some intestinal issues I had a few years ago.

Some things that will help you now would be taking a probiotic supplement, you can find them at health food stores and Whole Foods Market, but I buy them cheaper online. Also, make sure you are drinking 2 liters of water a day.

Hope you feel better soon! :)

Yogurt is also good for clearing up minor intestinal issues; it really makes a difference for me. However, I would put fibre above it in terms of importance, and I will echo the sentiments about seeing a doctor as well.

As soon as I have the money.
Thanks for your help!

You're welcome! Thought you had health coverage.

There IS however a fleet kit that you can buy from your local drug store. I had to use one to prepare myself for a colonoscopy in '01.

Also, you can use a hot water bottle. Just fill the bottle with luke-warm water, attach the hose and clip, fit the narrow plastic tube at the other end of the hose, lube it and insert it into the anus.

Use the clip to control the water flow, while expelling the used water. This should help make your colon squeaky-clean.

Last edited:
You're welcome! Thought you had health coverage.

There IS however a fleet kit that you can buy from your local drug store. I had to use one to prepare myself for a colonoscopy in '01.

Also, you can use a hot water bottle. Just fill the bottle with luke-warm water, attach the hose and clip, fit the narrow plastic tube at the other end of the hose, lube it and insert it into the anus.

Use the clip to control the water flow, while expelling the used water. This should help make your colon squeaky-clean.

What she should do really depends on what the issue is. It's tricky to give people advice on topics like this without knowing what medical issues they may have. Diagnosis is difficult enough for a medical professional, let alone someone who has never even met the patient.

If you ask any reputable health professional, they'll tell you that your colon is pretty much self-cleaning and nothing other than the recommended daily allowance of dietary fiber is required. Unless, of course, you have health problems that complicate the natural order of things.

How about Beans?

full of fiber, you'll be cleaned out in a couple of days!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom