Fatty Liver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sympathies on your husband's passing.

Could it be something you are eating? I have a guilty pleasure. I LOVE Fritos and french onion dip. I really limit allowing myself to have these in the house because I tend to binge eat them when they are available. Reasons being not only the high fat and calorie content, but also due to the fact that almost always the day after I start eating them I get a feeling like there is a fist sized ball in that area. Like you, it is not really painful, but is uncomfortable and bothersome. A couple of days after the Fritos and dip are gone, the feeling goes away. It's a direct correlation so I know it's the food, which is why I get them less and less frequently now.
I have the same problem with bingeing on Lay's Ruffles with Ridges and French onion dip. It's an every-few-months indulgence.

Little back story: I had a heart attack and got a stent. Then I was feeling pressure and dull pain in my right flank and was diagnosed with Fatty Liver. My doctor at the time tossed it out there and never referred to it again, even when I asked about treatment. So, I did my own research and found that a Ketogenic Diet was the only treatment for Fatty Liver. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=fatty+liver+and+ketogenic+diet for your own research.

Triglycerides are directly related to the amount of carbs eaten, not fat. High triglycerides contribute largely to fatty liver. Again, do your own research, don't take my word for it or anyone else's. I am available by PM to answer questions if you like, but will not expound on the public forum about my diet and/or habits.

Anecdotal: I have lost 30 pounds, have reduced my Cardiac meds and have stopped all diabetes medications. It still took 2 more heart attacks and 3 more stents to get me healthy enough to exercise. My fatty liver has reduced by 50% in the last 4 years.

My condolences on your loss, my husband died last February from Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Last edited:
I'm really impressed with how the human body can take such a hammering and bounce back. I've seen some bad stuff but almost every time ended in a good result. Back to the liver, I was thinking about 30 years ago I used to dress lambs and pigs as home kill. The lamb livers had huge build up of fat around them,the livers were the first thing grabbed. They were wrapped in huge amounts of fat.

Russ

Thanks so much for everyone's posts, hugs and suggestions. So appreciated!

I need to start eating healthier and get rid of some of my weight. That much I know for sure. I also need to chill on the alcohol. That's definitely not helping. I don't drink huge amounts, but I do so love a few drinks in the evenings. I never drink enough to actually get drunk because I hate that feeling. But right now any amount of alcohol isn't going to be good for me, so no use in trying to justify it. That's going to be one seriously hard habit to break.

On one hand, I'm glad I found out about this so I can take steps to make it better. However, on the other hand, as if I needed anything else to make me even crazier than I already am, knowing about this has severely depressed me and I walk around in a doom & gloom fog all day long. I keep thinking well, this is it, my life has been majorly shortened, so I may as well get used to the fact that I probably won't be here much longer.

And just thinking that way is wreaking havoc on my psyche. A movie I watched once had some older Southern woman in it that said "You think too much about the time you have left, you don't spend it living."

She said a mouthful there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom