Favorite Veggie Burger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't buy the packaged ones - I make my own. My favorite is "Black Bean Patties with Cilantro and Lime" from Cooking Light (along with a few tweaks).

I don't buy the packaged ones - I make my own. My favorite is "Black Bean Patties with Cilantro and Lime" from Cooking Light (along with a few tweaks).

Oddly, I have never tried making them myself. I'm sure it would be much better and wouldn't leave me thirsty as a dog from all the sodium.
Probably do it this weekend.
Cilantro, yes!
I already made a thread announcing my love and devotion to it.

Oddly, I have never tried making them myself. I'm sure it would be much better and wouldn't leave me thirsty as a dog from all the sodium.
Probably do it this weekend.
Cilantro, yes!
I already made a thread announcing my love and devotion to it.

I know what you mean about the sodium in the pre-packaged stuff - it's unreal. I can't take it.
Anyway, I'm assuming you checked out the black bean pattie recipe at the Cooking Light site? If not, I'd be happy to PM it to you. If you do make it, be sure not to drain the liquid from the beans! It adds some needed moisture.

I don't care for any of the packaged ones. Either the sodium content is absolutely through the roof, or the garlic in them repeats on me up the wazoo. And garlic - even raw - usually doesn't do that to me.

I do have a good recipe in an older cookbook for a mean lentil burger, but lentil's aren't hubby's favorite, so I haven't made it in awhile. I may just have to hunt that old cookbook down & give it another go since I just bought some nice lentils (which I really like) - hubby's preference or not - lol!!

I made split Alton Brown's Split Pea Burgers today. They're probably nothing like any other burger you've tried, but good nonetheless. Instead of the bread crumbs he called for, I mixed in 1/2 cup bread crumbs and 3/4 cups vital wheat gluten. It held together much much better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom