Friday Weekly Checkin - 01-14-05 to 01-20-05

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL.. if only food weren't needed for life, this diet thing would be much easier.

kitchenelf said:
Well, how is everyone doing? From 155 to 154.2 - I guess that's a start, huh? :?

You know the saying, Elf: The longest journey begins with but a single step. :)

I'm going to skip today's weigh-in. Tuesday's was bad enough. :shock: I have fear-of-scales issues ... I've only been dieting really well for two days this week, anyway. I'll weigh in commencing next Friday.

Meantime, congratulations to all who have lost this week! You're doing great.

Cats

My weight hasn't budged yet. Tomorrow I will get back to exercising. I can't wait for them to start the fitness class at work. Evidently they are going to have a contest, so hopefully that will be extra incentive. 8)

:) Barbara

Great job, everyone. I don't know if I lost any weight because I forgot to weigh myself, yesterday, at work and I don't have a scale at home. But I have been getting plenty of exercise. I walked my legs off out in the snowy woods.

sport-smiley-009.gif

Monday, 1/17: Had a great day. Finally got on board the treadmill, walked for 34 minutes, goal plus four. Plus, a very low-carb diet for the day.

Getting on that treadmill was hard ... it was due to being a part of this group and knowing we are all in the struggle together that made it possible. So thank you all for that. Also, as I was walking it, and hating it as usual, I focused on the Biggest Loser contestants -- how much harder their battle was, how much farther away their goal; those people showed nearly unbelievable courage and grit in a regimen that made my piddly half hour on the treadmill seem like nothing. I thought, "If they could do what they did, surely I can do this." So thanks to them, too.

High-fives to all of you who are doing so well!

Cats

We weighed in on Sat. I lost 5.8 pounds and husband lost 3.8.

I exercised this moring, just did my crunches and some side bends, then shoveled snow ( we got 16" today). Right now I'm making a home-made vegetable soup for this cold day.

amber said:
I exercised this moring, just did my crunches and some side bends, then shoveled snow ( we got 16" today). Right now I'm making a home-made vegetable soup for this cold day.

I think you get double points for moving snow!
Good for you :!: :!: :!: :!:

Our new fitness center at work is shaping up. We weighed in today. There will be a contest, which I plan to participate in. It will be $10 a month to do (people can participate in the fitness part without having to do the contest), and the one who gets closer to his/her goal each month (based on weight and BMI) wins the pot. I heard that there are 18 participating. I won't be able to walk with them, do aerobics, or exercise on the equipment every day, since I teach in the After School program 2 days a week, but I can do it the other days, and I also have a Fast Track 2 at home.

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom