Glycemic Index

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

srm

Cook
:chef: Hey All. In the last 16 months or so, i lost a lot of weight. I've lost all the weight i want, and I'm now at a point where i'm just trying to maintain where i'm at. I've been trying to stay eating healthy. Due to that, I'm trying to find a good resource (a good book, a good website, anything) to identifing the glycemic index of foods. I've found a few sites, but they dont seem to be great, or i'm using it wrong. I'd idealy like to be able to quickly look up a food like 'squash' and find it's glycemic index. Anyone have any tips or tricks i can use to identify the GI of foods?

Thanks! What are your thoughts on Squash? i'm told they're high GI, but when i'm looking i see them all over the place on the scale...

I have always been very carfeful with squash. I am not sure about "pear squash" as I am not familiar with it: that is the one that is just below 50 on the list - and considered acceptable. The listing that you see in the lowest category is actually only the squash seeds.

Any root vegetable tends to be high on the GI scale and I restrict the quantities. I rarely eat anything that is 60 and over on the scale, and when I do it's only a taste, not a full serving.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom