How soft drinks affect your health

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is Stevia approved by the federal authorities in South Africa, Snip? It does not have FDA approval in the U.S. Poor FDA! One bunch of folks without any background in science is sure that the FDA is lax in approving Teflon, while another group accuses the FDA of being part of a "conspiracy" to ban the drug by sugar growers and synthetic sweetener manufacturers. And we Americans love a conspiracy!
Many years ago, I took a BSc in biology and did some rudimentary biochemistry. It taught me enough, though, to realize that I am totally incompetent to judge the claims and counterclaims of real organic chemists!

Is Stevia approved by the federal authorities in South Africa, Snip? It does not have FDA approval in the U.S. Poor FDA! One bunch of folks without any background in science is sure that the FDA is lax in approving Teflon, while another group accuses the FDA of being part of a "conspiracy" to ban the drug by sugar growers and synthetic sweetener manufacturers. And we Americans love a conspiracy!
Many years ago, I took a BSc in biology and did some rudimentary biochemistry. It taught me enough, though, to realize that I am totally incompetent to judge the claims and counterclaims of real organic chemists!

Not yet, legislation is still pending but it has been used by herbalists for years in SA. South African Government is all about bribes and not facts. They haven't even approved the use of Nano Silver even though test from the CSIR confirm that it lowers CD 4 counts to below 200 and cures Malaria. I could go on but I don't have hours to talk right now :LOL:

I love Green Tea, I am really getting into herbals teas at the moment :)

i drink pop day & nite, nite & day. keep a few in my purses.

Last edited:
Believe it or not.. I was addicted to
Diet pepsi last yr. I kept jumping out My skin so to speak.. I was successful in quiting though..
Yeayee!! :). It was hard. The caccerine (not sure how to spell
It; sorry). Hi everyone, Chopper... My fav is tea now yummm..
Staying safe. i also like diet ginger
Ale. did u know we maybe drinking
A root when we drink diet ginger ale
Possibly :-/in my opinion Fyi
Etc etc to my knowledge.....
Smiles to alllll...

I would say that I am addicted to tea. I drink it all the time. However, I do like a soda pop sometimes. Something about those little bubbles! :angel:

Too much of anything is bad. I can't believe that anyone could drink two gallons of coke a day. That much sugar would kill anyone!

I have only one weakness when it comes to (what here in the U.S. Midwest is called) pop. That is Diet Mountain Dew. When I was on pain killers this summer and couldn't drink wine, I got some regular, the kind with sugar. Didn't like it. TOO sweet. I don't drink a lot of it, though. I buy a six-pack and that lasts me a month, then I don't buy another six pack for another month!

Yes, I read that coconut milk is like a mirale drink...it contains many vitamins, minerals and electrolytes, including potassium, calcium and chloride.

It has satuated fat but the fat is made up of short-chain and medium-chain fatty acids so the body turns it into energy instead of storing as fat (good for weightloss).

Half of the medium-chain fatty acids are composed of lauric acid which is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal. Coconut milk can help boost the immune system. Coconut milk is also soy-free, gluten-free and nut-free.

Didn't I also read somewhere that you can drink too much of it. What happens when you do that?
You get fat, as with anything else you consume too much of. Coconut milk is very high in calories

Perhaps we should stop eating and drinking altogether. Oh, no. Then we'd starve to death. Even water is bad for you if you drink too much.

The secret to slimness and healthy eating must be to eat and drink some of everything but not too much of anything. And as for coffee, the Mayo Clinic site has an article which says that in moderation (one or two cups a day) coffee can be quite good for you. Apparently, it appears to protect against Parkinson's disease, type 2 diabetes and liver cancer and that it contains high levels of antioxidants.

I only drink it as a treat as I like it black and strong enough to stand up on its own without the cup and if I drink more than one cup a day I'm swinging from the light-fittings!:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom