How to reduce FRECKLES in natural ways? Advice needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elaine.T

Assistant Cook
Hi all,
Some of my friends and I are having serious FRECKLES problem.
We would like to reduce the color and even the numbers of FRECKLES that on our face through a more natural healthy ways.
We are told to take sunflower seed as snack daily, since it has rich linoleic acid that helps in get rid of FRECKLES. Trying now but not sure how effective it is.

Any more good advice? We want to try other method or healthy diet ingredients in parallel.

I don't want to reduce my freckles... he's already small enough as it is!!!

Of course, my "Freckles" is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel! :ROFLMAO:

Freckles are mostly caused due to prolonged exposure to sunlight or genes.Always use a good sunblock during daytime,even when u dont go out.

Applying yogurt on face daily and leaving it on for half an hour is good,wash away with lukewarm water.
Also equal amounts of lemon juice,rose water,glycerine is really good.make a sloution of the three and keep in a bottle or a jar in the fridge,apply it before going to bed.Gently massage it into ur skin.Wash ur face in the morning.
Mix equal amounts of almond oil and honey and apply it on your face for half an hour,twice a week.
A very good remedy is,organic unboiled milk.If you can get hold of it,dip soft cotton in the milk and gently rub it in your face,leave it on for an hour.Do it everyday,it will surely make a difference.

I've heard lemon juice applied to the spots help. If only mine were freckles - mine are becoming age spots. I'm beginning to see my mother when I look in the mirror.

I've heard lemon juice applied to the spots help. If only mine were freckles - mine are becoming age spots. I'm beginning to see my mother when I look in the mirror.

i dread age spots.Tell me when do they start to appear.I'm 30 and dont have them yet.Is EVERYONE supposed to get them?i'm hoping maybe i wont.

i dread age spots.Tell me when do they start to appear.I'm 30 and dont have them yet.Is EVERYONE supposed to get them?i'm hoping maybe i wont.

I don't remember when they started - I just looked at my hands one day and voila! there they were.

Thanks Mexican Mama a lot for the link. :) Really great information! Enough to get me and my gang going for the trials.

Freckles are mostly caused due to prolonged exposure to sunlight or genes.Always use a good sunblock during daytime,even when u dont go out.

Applying yogurt on face daily and leaving it on for half an hour is good,wash away with lukewarm water.
Also equal amounts of lemon juice,rose water,glycerine is really good.make a sloution of the three and keep in a bottle or a jar in the fridge,apply it before going to bed.Gently massage it into ur skin.Wash ur face in the morning.
Mix equal amounts of almond oil and honey and apply it on your face for half an hour,twice a week.
A very good remedy is,organic unboiled milk.If you can get hold of it,dip soft cotton in the milk and gently rub it in your face,leave it on for an hour.Do it everyday,it will surely make a difference.

Agree on the sunlight, since I am kind of getting more exposure to sun light recently due to golf session.
Thanks for some many simple tips. Will try them all. Great! :ROFLMAO:

Hi Licia,
Will by applying lemon juice directly on the face too acidic? I afraid it will burn my skin. Does it still works if mix it with some water before applying it?

Anyway, thanks a lot.

Hi Licia,
Will by applying lemon juice directly on the face too acidic? I afraid it will burn my skin. Does it still works if mix it with some water before applying it?

Anyway, thanks a lot.

I've never used it - I only read that it works. Since I don't have freckles I haven't experienced any type of procedure for removing them. I do have some aunts who had red hair and freckles and they used a product called vanishing cream. I keep thinking I will get some to see if it works on the age spots on my hands, but it would be hard to keep it there long enough to do much good unless I remembered to do it at night.

I've never used it - I only read that it works. Since I don't have freckles I haven't experienced any type of procedure for removing them. I do have some aunts who had red hair and freckles and they used a product called vanishing cream. I keep thinking I will get some to see if it works on the age spots on my hands, but it would be hard to keep it there long enough to do much good unless I remembered to do it at night.

hmm, maybe applying some cream will helps too. I have relatives also recommend me to use Lancome-Bright Expert Serum or SK-II, but guess it is long term investment, since it has to keep using it long enough to see the result.
You are right, sometimes I also forget to apply hand cream or something like that. LOL. :LOL:

Sarah, about 10 years ago (say, when I was 45 or so) I started getting an age spot smack in the middle of my forehead. I'm lucky, diligence has kept that one minimal (i don't wear much in the way of makeup) and the worst place for them that I've seen (back of hands), I've been lucky on. As others have said, the only way to keep freckles and age spots at bay is lots of sun block, a hat with a brim. Pregnancy AND birth control pills can also increase pigment for some women.

Sarah, about 10 years ago (say, when I was 45 or so) I started getting an age spot smack in the middle of my forehead. I'm lucky, diligence has kept that one minimal (i don't wear much in the way of makeup) and the worst place for them that I've seen (back of hands), I've been lucky on. As others have said, the only way to keep freckles and age spots at bay is lots of sun block, a hat with a brim. Pregnancy AND birth control pills can also increase pigment for some women.

Thanks Claire. It is about time for me to shop for better sun block with higher SPF number. :LOL:
p/s: I do find age spot is scary.....

Hi all,
Some of my friends and I are having serious FRECKLES problem.
We would like to reduce the color and even the numbers of FRECKLES that on our face through a more natural healthy ways.
We are told to take sunflower seed as snack daily, since it has rich linoleic acid that helps in get rid of FRECKLES. Trying now but not sure how effective it is.

Any more good advice? We want to try other method or healthy diet ingredients in parallel.
Hi i have search this kind of remedy for freckles because my i need to apply this to my mom and i also share it to you ! Just try with this , it is very simple and no chemical reaction takes place because it is normal or natural .
Treat your facial freckles to a mask of honey and lemon juice. Just mix equal parts honey and lemon juice and apply evenly to the face (avoid the eyes). Leave on 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. The lemon juice acts as a mild bleaching agent.
Step2
Wash your face with sour milk or sour cream. The lactic acid will gently bleach your freckles.
Step3
Incorporate more Vitamin C into your diet. Strawberries, oranges, bell peppers and broccoli are all rich in Vitamin C. This vitamin is vital for keeping your skin healthy.
Wear sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher every single day. The sun is your enemy when you want to reduce freckles.

How to Reduce Freckles Naturally | eHow.com

Hi i have search this kind of remedy for freckles because my i need to apply this to my mom and i also share it to you ! Just try with this , it is very simple and no chemical reaction takes place because it is normal or natural .
Treat your facial freckles to a mask of honey and lemon juice. Just mix equal parts honey and lemon juice and apply evenly to the face (avoid the eyes). Leave on 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. The lemon juice acts as a mild bleaching agent.
Step2
Wash your face with sour milk or sour cream. The lactic acid will gently bleach your freckles.
Step3
Incorporate more Vitamin C into your diet. Strawberries, oranges, bell peppers and broccoli are all rich in Vitamin C. This vitamin is vital for keeping your skin healthy.
Wear sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher every single day. The sun is your enemy when you want to reduce freckles.

How to Reduce Freckles Naturally | eHow.com

Great easy step 1-2-3, Thanks Julia! The honey lemon sounds tasty so attempt to lick it while having the mask on.
I will start take more Vitamin C supplement and agree on the most important one the Sun is really the true enemy for freckles. :)

i do wear sunblock religiously every single day,so i hope it will help as i grow old,secondly u r right about pigmentation caused by pregnancy,thats true 4 me at least,my skin was very even toned before i got my babies.Then after 3 pregnancies,without much gap,now i have slight discoloration and uneven skin tone,well,i'm seeing a good dermatologist 4 that these days,lets see if anything helps...

Sun Block and less exposition to the sun is also my answer. I get horribly freckled in the summer, but I find that wearing a hat or something that protects my face and a good sunblock (FPS 50) helps a lot.

Back
Top Bottom