ISO kids' LOW FAT meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with Alix and Jikoni about fruits. Kids are not turned off by fruits NOT because of their flavours, but because of all the skins, pips and what not they have to deal with, the fact that not being able to simply pick them up and pop in their mouth like so many other snack foods.
Preparing the fresh fruits so they are "ready to go" is really a winning strategy.
Also for an added attraction, yogurt sweetend with honey and tiny drop of vanilla to mix the fruit in or to dip in, will make it really a wholesome treat...

i've found that for my son and my nieces/nephews, cutting up citrus into the supreme, as in making a supreme of citrus or fruit salad of oranges, grapefruit, apples, pears, grapes, and the like is gobbled up immediately.

urmaniac13 said:
Also for an added attraction, yogurt sweetend with honey and tiny drop of vanilla to mix the fruit in or to dip in, will make it really a wholesome treat...
I have to try that tomorrow for snack time Urmaniac.Merci

We got our grandson to raise when he was 3 years old, and he had never sat down at a table to eat. His meals had consisted of cold hot dogs, cold green beans in a cup, bread & butter, and blue box mac & cheese.
He was big into the "ninja" thing, so I got him to eat rice dishes with assorted vegies and meats by calling it "Ninja Food". I showed him the Roman Soldier on the Roman Meal bag, and got him to eat "Soldier Bread" instead of white bread. Now a teenager, he eats all kinds of things other kids wouldn't touch.

My smallest grandson, 8, comes here after school a couple of days a week. I let him "shop around" for a snack, and often as not he chooses a healthy one. Cottage cheese with S&P, bananas, apples, vegies with dip, celery with peanut butter are some of the good choices he makes. Of course, if G'pa has Oreos or chips laying out, he hits on those. Sometimes I do too. :blush:

I'm surprised no one else said this before, but you should check out Chinese food. It's supposed to be really good for you...

chinese food, as prepared in most places in the western world, is loaded with fat and sodium, unless you get it steamed/boiled with the sauce on the side.

Jikoni said:
I would like to say 'me' coz I like your posts, but I am way too new. :LOL:

Thanks Jikoni! I just saw your picture on a cover of magazine you posted. You are so beautiful. I hope you learn a lot from this forum. We're all here to share recipes and ideas, and make some friendships along the way too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom