MSG? Good or Bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And Pepsi and Coke Zero are just two ingredients, syrup and carbinated water. My point, for the umpteenth time, is the MARKETING.

Umm, Coca-cola Zero lists the following ingredients:

Ingredients:
Carbonated water, caramel color, phosphoric acid, aspartame, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), natural flavors, potassium citrate, acesulfame potassium, caffeine

How is that just "syrup and carbonated water"? The FDA regulates that food products must list the ingredients that the product consists of.

And Pepsi and Coke Zero are just two ingredients, syrup and carbinated water. My point, for the umpteenth time, is the MARKETING.
That may have been one of your points, but you also made it a point to say that there was more than one ingredient in Ac'cent and when I told you I just read my bottle and it only listed one ingredient (MSG) you basically called me a liar.

Umm, Coca-cola Zero lists the following ingredients:

Ingredients:
Carbonated water, caramel color, phosphoric acid, aspartame, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), natural flavors, potassium citrate, acesulfame potassium, caffeine

How is that just "syrup and carbonated water"? The FDA regulates that food products must list the ingredients that the product consists of.
Those are the syrup ingredients just like worcestershire sauce is basically made with anchovies layered in brine, tamarinds in molasses, garlic in vinegar, chilies, cloves, shallots, and sugar but most people consider it just one ingredient.

Those are the syrup ingredients just like worcestershire sauce is basically made with anchovies layered in brine, tamarinds in molasses, garlic in vinegar, chilies, cloves, shallots, and sugar but most people consider it just one ingredient.

Okay, so why does Lea & Perrins list the ingredients on every bottle, and not just print "worcestershire sauce" under ingredients?

But what's the point of this because you are contradicting your original claim, which was that MSG has more than one ingredient. It doesn't. If it did, they would be required to list it, just like how Lea & Perrins, Heinz, Kraft, Nestle, Coke, Pepsi, etc. etc. etc. has to list all of the ingredients in their products.

BTW Ac'cent is produced by the Japanese company Aji-nomoto which sells and markets both in the US under both names. They're the same thing. They have one ingrdient. MSG.

Okay, so why does Lea & Perrins list the ingredients on every bottle, and not just print "worcestershire sauce" under ingredients?

But what's the point of this because you are contradicting your original claim, which was that MSG has more than one ingredient. It doesn't. If it did, they would be required to list it, just like how Lea & Perrins, Heinz, Kraft, Nestle, Coke, Pepsi, etc. etc. etc. has to list all of the ingredients in their products.

BTW Ac'cent is produced by the Japanese company Aji-nomoto which sells and markets both in the US under both names. They're the same thing. They have one ingrdient. MSG.
No, my original point was marketing. And that's not Lea & Perrins' ANYTHING. I hate that stuff and that's definitely not where I got it.

My points obviously been missed and I'm done attempting to explain it. Andy stated he'd never heard of it as a tenderizer and since then I've addressed one thing and one thing only, the marketing aspect. But, again, the point has been missed so I'm done.

I use MSG, I like it, it doesn't bother me, that's good enough for me.

I personally do use it (or ingredients containing it) on occasion. But, like peanuts and other nut oils, not when I'm entertaining people I don't know well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom