New tofu based sandwiches at Jimmy Johns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmyjohn

Assistant Cook
I am searching for input and feedback from the vegetarian community. I am the founder of Jimmy Johns and I have been researching tofu based turkey flavored products as well as smokey flavored tempeh. I have come up with some spectacular new sandwiches based on these products. Im curious to know if you would feel there is a need for very good tasting , superior quality tofu based sandwiches in the market place. Any and all feedback is appreciated. thank you, Jimmy John

I am not a vegetarian so I can not speak from first hand experience, but from the vegetarians I know both in real life and on this board I have gotten the impression that not many of them enjoy tofu. It seems to be something that people fall back on as a safety net for vegetarians, but that it is not usually something people look forward to eating. Most vegetarians that I know would rather have interesting dishes made with vegetables or grains or pasta or things like that.

That being said, a superior quality tofu based sandwich would be better than lesser quality tofu based sandwiches so that would not be a bad thing.

i'm non-vegetarian, though i like tofu & tempeh & would glady accept a vegetarian item; i already order the veggie subs already on the menu instead of meat sammiches because thye're so delicious!

I'm what's called an "occasional vegetarian" -- I eat all sorts of meat, but I also cook and eat a lot of vegetarian dishes. I like tofu in things such as Ma-Po Do-fu, but I can't imagine eating it in a sandwich. I'd much rather just have a veggie sub.

I love tofu, but it can be made to be very good or very bad, depending on preparation. I would also be more interested in a sandwich product that didn't taste like turkey or any other meat. Meat-like food is as much or more about the texture than the flavor. Tofu, with all its greatness, does not come close to a meaty texture.

Two other thoughts:
Making a product vegetarian, but not vegan limits your market
There is a great shortage of sandwich options out there and I would surely be interested.

Back
Top Bottom