New Year (January) weigh in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SpiceUmUp said:
I'M DOWN TO 250!!!!!! a loss of nearly 60 pounds!!!!! Only 20 more to go for my first goal!!!!!!

WOW!

Way to go SpiceUmUp! I look forward to your first goal post.:cool:

Well done. I have been stuck at 199 for a couple of weeks, but it took so long to get here, that I really don't care!!! My inches are whizzing down again, and everything is falling into place.

Well done Spice, between us we have lost 123 pounds, that's a whole small person!!!

SpiceUmUp said:
I'M DOWN TO 250!!!!!! a loss of nearly 60 pounds!!!!! Only 20 more to go for my first goal!!!!!!

Way to go Spice!

That is truly awesome and so encouraging to us all, especially to those like me who just started their weight loss plan this year!

You're wise not to panick, Kyles. Plateaus occur no matter how diligent you are. The body occasionally "freaks out" as you lose the weight and decides to put on the breaks until it's convinced to part with the fat.:ROFLMAO: But the scale will start moving again.

I'm pretty sure you already knew that, though. And as you said, if the scale isn't moving but you're losing inches, then you're still accomplishing what you set out to do.:)

Thanks for the encouragement Rob. Having been at this for a year now, I no longer panic at plateaus. It feels hard work losing all the time, I can almost feel my body sigh for relief when we stick for a while.

I used to panic at plateaus, but now I see them as all part of the process.

I went to look at a new gym today, it's very cute, very swish, and not much dearer than the one I use now, and sooooooooo much better!

I should probably post this in either Venting or the Have you exercised thread but I'm here so....

I am puppysitting this week and I am finding it really tough to get on the treadmill with him around. He is good sitting beside me at the computer, good out for a walk, but lordy I am scared to start up the machine with him around. I think he would get hurt! And I feel bad kenneling him so I can do my walk. Phooey!

Back
Top Bottom