Oatmeal Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer to grind my own oats and soak them overnight. This ensures that they are fresh, the soaking (in water and a little lemon juice) will destroy the phytic acid, and they are sooo much better than anything you can buy in the store. An oat grinder really doesn't cost too much, especially if you use it every day!

I like to add a number of things, depending on my mood. Brown sugar, peaches, cranberries, cinnamon, raspberries, apricot jam (my favorite), or anything else that sounds good at the time!

Oatmeal

What I usually do is prepare the oatmeal (not instant type)the night before, that way all you have to do is pop it in the microwave. I dress it up with sugar free jams. There are many different flavors that make it delicious!

I couldn't imagine life without oatmeal, I love it, it's creamy hot and soothing. I would eat it even if I didn't know it was healthy!!! And forgive me Ishbel (and my dear departed Scottish grandfather who would have smacked me with his belt if I adulterated his porridge) but I always have mine with honey and blueberries or raspberries, or chopped pears or grated apple, sometimes combinations of the two. I have tried to have it just with salt, but I can't do it, sorry!!!!!!

There, there, Kyles - you can't help it if your Grandad's genes haven't gifted you with the 'only unaudulterated porridge' gene!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom