School assignment help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jess finished the assignment today and will hand it in tomorrow. She listed DC in the bibliography! I will let you all know how she did when the teacher marks it. Thanks again for all your help.

Oh, dear. Thank heaven I took home ec a few decades ago. Yes, I have freinds that are in all those categories, but never try to make every dish satisfy every need. I just make sure there is something for everyone. My Jewish and Muslim friends eat pretty much the same food. Vegans can be very hard to please, so I do need to know in advance if they are coming. I actually had to confess to putting worcestershire sauce in a dish when I learned at last moment that a friend's daughter had "gone vegan". My lactose intolerant friends, thank heaven, take a pill if they need to. But if you have to satisfy all of them with every dish on the table, just skewer fruits and vegetables and leave it at that! Roasted veggies make a great broth. Any dish with beans -- humus, soups, stews. Whenever you need a substitute for a smoked pork (ham, ham hocks, etc), then cook some veggies (squash, eggplant, onions) over coals, then make soup from them. I know your daughter's assignment is over, but these are good hints for everyone who has a wide variety of ethnic diversity in their social group.

Jess got her assignment back today and got 23 out of 25 (she lost a mark for not having her worksheet with it) I was really proud of her and she was really pleased so thankyou so much everyone for your input.:):)

Which recipes did she decide to go with? That's a mark to be proud of!

Jess had the following things in her menu.
Tomato and basil bruschetta
Felafel balls
Marinated mushrooms
Sweet and sour beef meatballs
Apple Croissants
Grilled fruit kebabs
Milk free, egg free butterscotch crinkles
Chocolate cupcakes

With a cranberry and apple cocktail (non alcoholic)

Wow!

The quality of this forum is amazing! I've only been here a short while and I have been reading a lot of posts, just to see where I fit in. I read this post from start to finish and you guys are amazing(wait I said that:)) To see how everyone pitched in and then to actually get to see the outcome. Wow! I haven't earn enough karma to pass it to everyone on this thread, So let me just say...good job.

Julius

Back
Top Bottom