Small changes to healthy eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carbohydrates IMO are what needs to go. Calories mean zip.
That worked well for me. I lost about 60 lbs following the Atkins diet (over a period of about 1.5 years). But, I don't think it is for everyone. I think different bodies react differently. One of my acquaintances had to quit doing Atkins because her cholesterol levels went too high. Mine and my husband's, on the other hand, just got better, even though they were good before starting the diet.

I love that web site.(worlds healthiest foods)
Quinoa is a great sub for rice. Roasted carrots and brussle sprout are wonderful with it. How about a kale and cannellini bean soup. super easy and filling.

Last edited:
I love that web site.(worlds healthiest foods)
Quinoa is a great sub for rice. Roasted carrots and brussle sprout are wonderful with it. How about a kale and cannellini bean soup. super easy and filling.

Those would all work for me!!

My suggestion would be to flip the time of day when you consume your largest meal to morning. add veggies (greens) and a grain (I like purple barley, rice of the prairies, quinoa) instead of sausage or bacon. Cut out bread--do a lettuce or rice paper wrap for your sandwich. I shrunk 3 sizes just by doing that--making breakfast my big meal of the day, cutting out bread (this included pasta), sugar, and processed foods. I limited my dairy intake. I did not eliminate wine or increase the amount of exercise. I started doing this (flipping the big meal to morning) in June 2012. I told myself I would do this for 30 days. Within 21 days, I had "shrunk" one size.

I was rarely hungry between meals. If I was, I would eat some raw almonds or fruit. I did this not to lose weight, but to improve my energy level. It worked. I also drank a lot of water with either lemon juice/lime juice (freshly squeezed) or 1 T of cider vinegar (not for everyone, but I like tart). It has been almost 2 years and I have altered my eating habits substantially. If I make a dessert (when I have guests), I generally eat a very small portion and send the rest home with my guests. I keep dark chocolate chips in the house. A few (10-12) of those satisfy my urge for chocolate every now and again.

I do keep 2 small hand weights (2 lb) by the couch so when I'm watching TV, I do some arm curls, etc., during commercials. Losing weight is not about dieting, it is about changing your eating (and food shopping) habits. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom