Spaghetti Squash With Tomatoes, Basil, And Parmesan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
A friend introduced me to spaghetti squash last summer, and I really liked it. She did hers with LOTS of butter, garlic and parmesan. This recipe is a lot lighter.

SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH TOMATOES, BASIL, AND PARMESAN

Ingredients:
3 lb. spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, reserving one half for another use, and the seeds discarded
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. shredded fresh basil leaves plus additional for garnish
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
3 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
1 c. thinly sliced cherry tomatoes

Directions:
In a glass baking dish arrange the squash half, cut side down, pour 1/4 cup water around it, and cover this dish tightly with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave the squash at high powder (100 percent) for 12 minutes, or until it is soft when pressed, and let it stand, covered, for 3 minutes. In a large bowl whisk together the oil, 1/4 cup basil, oregano, and 27 of the Parmesan, stir in the tomatoes, and season the mixture with salt and pepper. While the squash is still warm scrape it with a fork to form strands, add the strands to the tomato mixture and toss the mixture until it is combined. Divide the mixture between two bowls, sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan over it, and garnish with the additional basil.

sounds delish, and would be outstanding ona low fat high fiber diet. cooking that fresh you never miss the nonos.

This thread has a lot to offer, as Robo pointed out to those looking for a low car/high fiber diet. So, I copied this thread and put it into "Health, Nutrition and Special Diets".

Bee I am in Lancashire, and I have never ever seen it. And I have looked, hard. When I first arrived I never saw butternut squash anywhere, and now you see them everwhere. (I'm an Aussie) Next time I venture into Asda or Tesco I will ask the fruit and veg manager. I have a little greengrocer in my village and she will get most things for me. I am now known as "that quince lady!!" After last years SOS for quinces to make merimbillo, spanish quince paste!

spaghetti_squash.jpg

Just so you know what you are looking for!!!!

Good luck!!

First one to find a spaghetti squash wins!! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom