Triglycerides - helpful tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would it be possible for him to see a dietitian? If so he could get help with advice on what to eat or not.

Okay all of you who care, or not, just got my 3rd set of results for bloodwork. My triglycerides have gone down to 87, blood sugar remained same @ 91, overall chol is down, and, AND, I have lost 29 pounds since the start of this nonsense.

I also have been more lenient this last 3 month period w/ my carb intake. I have not followed the strict carb count from the doctor, but I have been STARVING @ about 8AM, which, normally my latte satisfies. But, I think it is due to the exercise we have been getting in 3 mornings a week. So, my body is craving carbs I think, and I have allowed myself to eat some of the things I love, like potatoes, and rice, and small amounts of pasta. (If Jennyemma is reading this, I have finally found something in this godforsaken hellhole of florida, that is absolutely wonderful, which is riding up & down A1A early in the mornings. I have even started riding to work & back once a week, which is 26 miles round trip.)

At anyrate, the dr cut my med dosage in 1/2, and I go back in 3 more months for a follow-up.

My lifestyle has changed now, forever. I could never go back to the way it was, now realizing how important portion control and recipe modifications are to continuing this lifestyle. So, for all of you out there, IT CAN BE DONE. All it takes is to have the dr tell you to stop eating that way or die, and here I am. My goal is to drop another 29#'s by December, and then, maybe then I can find some clothes that fit, to include feminine garments. I have never been a tweener, ladies, and this is most ridiculous trying to find one that fits properly!!!:glare:

Take care of yourselves, and I have some good cookbooks for you health conscious carb counters if you are unable to find any exciting ones out there.

Thanks for reading, and caring enough to respond to previous posts.

B.

:clap: :boxing: :clap:

Go get 'em champ!!!!!!!!!!! I need to do the same thing - I just need to do it. I'm so thrilled for you - you have to feel good about yourself. It does give me hope and I thank you for posting this!

Back
Top Bottom