Weigh In

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raine

Executive Chef
Weighed in last night. Lost another 2 lbs for a total of 20.2 lbs.

Brian lost another 4.6 for 19.4 lbs.

Rainee, you and Brian are doing a great job! Congratulations--you should be proud of yourselves!

muscles.gif

Yep, way to go, Rainee!

I stayed the same this week. Don't know why, I'm doing everything right. Exercised all five days, didn't cheat. Oh well, guess I'll keep on plugging. I feel slimmer, anyway.

Bummer, though. :-(

Cats

I fell off the diet wagon while in AZ... and now tomorrow we're heading to Las Vegas, home of the buffet dinners. I have been riding my bike but... my mouth has not lacked food. I haven't stepped on the scale.. Paul says I'm looking better but I feel BIGGER... maybe, the fat has just moved around some. LOL

I'll start again Wed. when we get home.
It's just too hard to diet when on Vacation.

You guys are doing great !!!! Keep up the good work.

I have lost 20 pounds in total but have been stuck for a couple of weeks, I am doing a lot of exercise and I have noticeably lost inches, my gym instructor is quite sure it's because I am gaining lean muscle and losing fat. It is a bit depressing if you are only using the scales to ascertain your weight loss. Try taking your waist and hip measurements every couple of weeks as well.

When you get stuck, sometimes it helps to change up what you have been eating. More/less carbs more/less protien. More/less fruit

Don't consume any more, just add or decrease where needed.

As your body metabolism changes it will sometimes slow down as you lose weight.

I'm very excited - my trainer measured my body fat on the thingy you hold in your hands (the one where you input your height, weight and age) and my body fat has gone from 19.8 to 17.6 in 5 weeks. woo hoo!

Also, here's a tip that is not only fun, it actually works...
next time you're on the stairmaster at the gym...
do 5 minutes of regular stair climbing, followed by
5 minutes of walking DOWN for 5 minutes(so you're facing the other way), followed by walking up for 5, only this time, you are going every other step. So, if you put your left foot down, your right foot lifts behind you (think ice skating) as high as you can get it comfortably. Then, skip a stair and when you put your right foot down, your left foot does the lift behind you. Your jeans will look better I promise!

That's great! Sometimes losing inches is just as good as losing weight.

Congratulations to all that have lost weight!! I have not lost any weight lately, either. But I am not giving up. I agree that probably what is needed is a adjustment to my diet. Also, I have to remind myself that it is also OK to be a little hungry some of the time.

My weigh-in this morning wasn't too good. I gained back 2 of my pounds. But now that we are done with our Easter play at church, and report cards grades are almost done, I should have more time to exercise. Also, with so much going on, we have eaten out more than usual. I got paid today, and I want to plan my shopping trip around what we should be eating (which means I will probably have to leave my husband at home!--he likes to toss all kinds of stuff in the cart!).

:) Barbara

You must have a wonderful Husband he is so thoughtful as to go shopping with you and even help pick out the items, He must be the Man :) , You are so Lucky. Most men don't do anything with they wifes. Heres to Barbara's most caring MAN LOL!!!!!!!!

I found this great site today that y'all might want to take a look at: Nutrition Data.

There is some wonderful information there, lots of sensible eating ideas (there is no such thing as a *dieting trick* 'cuz as we all know the one and only way to lose weight is to expend more calories than you consume!), great food facts, boatloads of nutrional info, you can analyze recipes, etc!

Enjoy!
;)
Z

Doing the happy dance, I lost 3 pound this week, that's 23 pound gone so far, yippee!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom