What did you eat today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its 9:53 am, so not much yet. I've had coffee with lots of vanilla soymilk, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

middie said:
I had a bowl of Vanilla Almond Special K
Starwberry Banana Yogurt
A chicken salad sandwich
a 20 ounce bottle of diet pepsi

And that's it today.
There's no way you're even hitting 1,000. Are you on a diet?

Silver said:
and 9 calories per gram of fat

but the fats in peanuts are good for you (omega-6, I believe), so it's great in moderation!
Actually I'm pretty sure its monosaturated, but thats still good for you.

buckytom said:
today, i had:

3am: a tuna salad sammich on a hard roll with raw onions, baked lays potato chips, dill pickles, and a diet coke.

<<<sleep>>>

3pm: a bowl of manhattan clam chowder and a baguette from a local fireman's benefit picnic.

4pm: a cactus pear, some mini pretzels, and raw jalapenos and cherry tomatoes while i was feeding the birds. i think the birds like it when i share food with them. they definitely eat more, until their crops are bulging.

6pm: a broiled rosemary/evoo/balsamic marinated boneless chicken thigh and a chimmichurri marinated chicken eg. i'm getting sick of eating broiled chicken, no matter what the marinade. need to buy some pork or fish.

10pm: on my way out the door. gonna walk down 9th avenue, past dozens of restaurants to see what smells good. i'm thinking thai, maybe vietnamese. possibly indian.
Just wondering, is there a reason your sleep-cycle is unusual?

Woops, failed to track my intake for the past two days. Big family affairs both days so food was...disastrous.

To be accountable - negatives included pineapple cake, some salad with fruit and marshmellows, trifle, chips chips and more chips, and a bunch of jelly beans. That was the really bad stuff. The rest was only moderately terrible.

And Dina, I actually don't live particularly close to the ocean, although my new office is a few steps from part of the seawall, so I could maybe do it there, but I'll probably be running instead. I actually track on an Excel spreadsheet - so at my desk here in the basement :)

Who said I'm counting calories....today I had an apple pancake, whole wheat toast and jelly, coffee with cream and sugar for breakfast, chicken and rice for lunch, rice pudding, 3 banana bars, 1 chocolate chip cookie with a tall glass of milk for snack and dinner is still not here...grilled chicken on a bed of green salad perhaps.

I am counting calories because I have goals that I will achieve. If I am not careful about what I eat, I will find achieving my goals much more difficult, if not impossible.

I will achieve my goals.

Now its almost midnight and I have also eaten: Free samples at costco, strawberries and a sliced banana dipped in chocolate sauce, A small "chocolate shake" of vanilla soymilk and cocoa powder and ice, qn espresso light frappicino (Starbucks), About 2 oz of Albacore tuna packed in water, the starbucks "cheese, fruit, and raisen bread plate" (a little plastic container with cheese and fruit and a tiny bit of bread in it), a handcrafted mini ice cream made of chocolate from Moonstruck chocolates, about 20 peanuts, a couple bites of frozen yogurt, a double stuffed oreo, and I am probably going to go have another chocolate ice cream cone before bed Edit: I eneded up having the chocolate ice cream cone and a peice of toast with peanut butter as well.

Last edited:
For breakfast today i had garlic bread and a glass of water. For lunch i had toast with cheese and tomatoes. For dinner we'll see, i feel like having lasagne, but im nt sure if all ingredients are on hand...:)

as of yet, nothing. but I only woke up 20 mins or so ago. and I thoroughly intend of eating a big plate of nachos when my friend comes over and we go to the movies. :) I can't help it! they're brilliant and I haven't had them in forever!

yesterday I ate: 2 pieces of garlic bread, about half a plate of penne with sun-dried tomatoes garlic kalamata olives and pistachios, a medium-piece of perch with lemongrass blend, basil and danish fetta, salad with lettuce semi-dried tomatoes eggplant capscium and fetta. plus like 10 'nice' biscuits (ie loaded with sugar). and a cup of 2-minute noodles, prawn and chicken flavour. (in my defense i was a little...uhh... altered when i ate the biscuits and noodles ahaha).

today I shall have my splurge for lunch and then healthy dinner :) maybe. !! everyone says I'm losing weight which is incentive, although also pretty odd as I've been getting some hardcore munchies lately and eating like you wouldn't believe.

one egg omelette with cheese, whole wheat toast, coffee

bbq chicken with hawaiian bbq sauce, potato salad, charro beans, green salad, chocolate mousse with fresh strawberries

2 or 3 protein shakes, 2 slices w/w toast with almond butter and light berry spread, w/w sandwich with f/f chicken and light miracle whip, 4 pieces of turkey pepperoni, Clif Bar, frozen yogurt cone@Ikea, about to make a shake before bed

feel like poop - first time I've been sick in a loooooong time - stupid cold

not much. i snacked while i prepped some stuff - a few ounces of chicken & some fruit & of a couple cubes of angel food cake as i prepped it, more than enough alcohol, caffeine-free coca-cola, a few miniature ginger ales, a sampling each of baked beans, & potato salad. got to my apt. & weighed in at 120 after i bathed w/ my cords & tie-dye. you wanna see a frantic luvs?!:shock:
ii'm getting to my dietician to see why i gained like that!

Last edited:
One cup of coffee with one cup of light soymilk, one whole egg scrambled with three egg whites, about 1/3 of a "small" gourmet pizza (bigger than a personal pan though), a couple ounces of chicken breast, a strawberry, and I'll probably finish that whole pizza later.

ensureplus, 2 of my herbed roasted postage-stamp potatoes, plenty of caffeine-free coca-cola & ginger ale, an orange, a cube of canteloupe, a cherry, plenty of alcoholic beverages....

I had an apple, some Kashi dry, and a banana smoothie for breakfast. Making tofu enchiladas and spanish rice for lunch and red pepper bruschetta and a stuffed green pepper for dinner.

Breakfast: Starbucks tall (small) tangerine juice-tea blend frappicino thingamajig with whipped cream. Lunch: Nothing really except for a bunch of little free samples in the mall food court, a coffee with a tad bit of milk and splenda added to it, and loads of mint gum. Dinner: A chicken pastichio salad from a mall resturaunt (with chicken, pistachios, strawberries, jamica, grapes, dried cranberries, and dark cherry vinagerrette dressing), a cup of orange-vanilla-jasmine green and black tea with one packet of sugar, and the a small after-dinner mint-chocolate that came with the bill. A bit later: A large tea (half herbal, half-green) with a little skim milk and splenda. Late-night dessert: A champagne glass full of light vanilla soymilk and topped with whipped light cream and a cherry and three quarters of a Godiva solid milk chocolate bar. I don't think I've done horribly considering I spent eleven hours at the mall today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom