What did you eat today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3am: lamb souvlaki in a whole wheat pita, with a side of piaz (bean salad), and a 40 of bud.

8am: pretzels, trail mix, oj, cranberry juice.

1pm: low fat tuna salad on a plain bagel, spicy blue corn tortilla chips, pickles, diet ginger ale.

5pm: sushi - tuna, salmon, yellowtail, eel, shrimp, and a california roll. also iced tea.

10pm: hopefully i'll make it to my fave thai place tonight for dinner. oops, they close soon, gotta run...

My favorite grilled chicken breasts made in advance and frozen. A tomato-from-the-garden, basil-from-the-garden and mozerella salad. And especially for diabetic hubby who needed an extra cup of starch, I took leftover rice, packed it in a one cup measuring cup lined with olive oil, nuked it for a minute, turned it over, and drizzled it with balsamic. He was very impressed with the meal, especially the rice timbale.

yay!!! :clap: i made it in time.

i had tom yum gai (spicy and sour soup with herbs, mushrooms, scallions, and chicken), and kuai tiaw noodles (steamed chicken and rice noodles, topped with dried thai bird chilli flakes, chopped scallions, bean sprouts, and ground peanuts. i added some cilantro and a coupla tbsps. of sriracha sauce.) oh, and a singha beer.

my mouth is still on fire, and i actually sweated just sitting there. it was great!!! spicy and delicious.

the only bummer is that i noticed the singha fit into a water glass, so i looked at the bottle. they are only 11.2 ozs..

Breakfast- a piece of toast with a ton of peanut butter on it and a few slices of banana and a drizzle of honey

snacks-
an iced coffee concoction with malt powder, cocoa powder, sugar, and milk
a couple spoonfulls of peanut butter

dinner- super club sandwhich
(1 slice Wonderbread +mirical whip +lettuce +cheddar cheese +tomatoe slice +turkey +slice wheat 'n nut bread +regular mayo + slice swiss cheese +turkey +onions +raisons +honey mustard +another slice wonder bread)

we had kelbasi with grey poupon on multigrain seed/nut bread, corn on the cob, and garlic and cheese mashed taters for (what normal people call) dinner.

another midnight shift, so i'm headin' out for sushi. the parasites have taken over my cerebral cortex, and force me to eat sushi at least once a week. it's probably to bring on more of their compatriots, increasing the gene pool.

tasty little bastids...

It's only 10 a.m. here but so far, at approximately 4:45 a.m. I had 5 Tbs Ovaltine disolved in 11 ounces of 1% milk, 1 vitamin pill, 1 polycosinol gelcap, three Psyllium capsules, and two 5000 mg fish oil capsules, then I went to the gym for 30 minute of cardio and drank a 700 ml bottle of Propel, grape flavor. Since then, I have had 4 cups of coffee with 1 tsp turbinado sugar and 1 Little Moo half & half each, a banana, two hard boiled eggs, and two slices of banana bread.

For lunch I have a 6 ounce mahi-mahi fillet with coconut-caramel sauce, mixed vegetables, and jasmine rice, which I originally made for Sunday dinner and packaged and froze the leftovers for lunches all week, currently thawing out in my desk drawer, waitng to be nuked.

Mid-afternoon I will most likely have a couple of handfuls of Deluxe mixed nuts and maybe an orange. Before I go home from work, I will take 1 vitamin pill, 1 polycosinol gelcap, three Psyllium capsules, two 5000 mg flaxseed oil capsules with 700 ml of water.

Supper will be a large salad with thousand island dressing and shredded colby and monterey jack cheese, and a glass of Spanish Rioja. My bedtime snack will be 8 oz of fruit flavored yogurt, and two peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Last edited:
2 sugar cookies, a lemon bar, 4 slices of pizza, and oatmeal cookie, and 2 different kind of bars

and some oatmeal for breakfast...

sushi deruxe (2 toro, 2 tai, 3 sake, 1 ebi, 1 gunkan masago, and a tuna roll) at 3am. got a coupla extra pieces of hamachi, tako, and white tuna also.

does anyone know the japanese word for white tuna? also, exactly what fish does it come from?

then i had a leftover mystery marinated pork chop and baked beans at 9am.

next were appy platters i shared with my boy around 6pm. prosciutto, pickles, and polish rye (try not to spit :) ), and jonah gold apple slices with peanut butter.
hey, that's what happens when you let a 2 year old decide what he wants in the fridge.

dinner was takeout italian: fried calamari appy, chicken ceaser salad, scungilli fra diavolo with spaghetti, and baked ravioli parm.

Nothing yet, but I am on my third cup of coffee, and I have eggs, a potato, shredded cheddar, and ground beef sitting on the counter waiting to come to room temperature so they can become a fritatta.

I had hashbrowns with onion and bacon; sausage, poached egg and fried cheese for breakfast.

Then I had Shrimp Risotto with blanched asparagus, plastered in butter and lime juice, accompanied with a fresh 3 lettuce salad and citrus dressing.

Whoopee, whoopee!!!

cliveb said:
Then I had Shrimp Risotto with blanched asparagus, plastered in butter and lime juice
Whoopee, whoopee!!!

I echo your whoopee whoopee looking at your risotto idea... can you share the recipe with us??:-p

I think we should bring this back, too!

So far today has been 3 eggs with lowfat cheddar and chives on two pieces of homemade whole wheat bread with 4 pieces of turkey bacon, 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter, and half a cup of homemade "Splenda eggnog" from my Splenda cookbook.

The eggnog was good enough that I think I'll make a protein shake with it a bit later.

The plan is also to have some top sirloin steak for dinner with maybe some brown rice and a veggie sauce I made (spinach, tomatoes, onion, garlic, dried basil, salt and pepper in the food processor then reduced down and then throw in some plain fat free yogurt to give it a bit of creaminess).

Yum!

Apple Jacks cereal with skim milk, but only a little more than half of the suggested serving size
Bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on buttered white bread (that was lunch)
Wheat Thins (new Parmesan and Basil variety), about 12-15 crackers
Chicken and Rice dish with green peppers, tomatoes, soy sauce (really good recipe but kinda high in sodium)
Iced Tea (at least five or six glasses)
Coffee (four cups)
Lemonade (one or two glasses)
White Wine (four glasses, yes that's the whole bottle and I'm heading to the refrigerator right now to get it and start polishing it off LOL!)

My husband has blood tests today, so I had to cook early and light. A bag salad (a mistake, way too salty; guess I'll go back to making Caesars from scratch), and a favorite of his, tuna patties (turned out a little loose, but still good).

good thread

i think we should do this again. interesting to see how others watch their food intake.

today i had a activa yogurt for breakfast.

later a glass of ovaltine made with 2% milk.

the last of a lemon cake. lot of calories

crockpot chicken thighs with pineapple peach salsa. over jasmine rice.

my downfall is snacks while watching tv. will see how i do . i have lost twenty pounds since july, nice and slow.

sometimes i have a real craving for food and some when not hungry at all.

babe

Protein shake with soy milk and fruit
Pita pocket with turkey, cheese & lettuce
1/2 red roasted potato with 1/2 cup low-fat chili & cheese
1 small oat bran muffin with almonds & craisins
Baked tilapia with roasted green beans & broccoli
fat free yoplait Apple turnover yogurt
water, green tea & coffee

Hmmmm. Let me think now.

coffee
wor wonton soup with extra veggies added
an orange (or was it 2?)
granola bar (maple and brown sugar!)
1/2 bowl of Mr Noodle (leftover from kids lunches)
raspberry yogurt
couple cups of tea
1 1/2 roast beef melts
glass of milk
salad with greek vinaigrette

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom