What did you eat today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
No good just exercising, we need to eat healthy too. I haven't particularly counted my calories yet, but am aiming for a 2000 daily calorie intake. I may have gone overboard today. What is everyone eating per day? I think it will be interested to see what everyone eats daily every now and then. A bit ashamed to say, but here's what I had today: 3 oatmeal cookie pancakes, 2 granny smith apples (one with caramel and chocolate), 3 cups of green tea, 8 glasses of water, tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread, green salad with cherry tomatoes, Mexican lasagna, 3 chicken wings with sweet and tangy sauce, 2 cantaloupe slices

Dina, good for you trying to keep under 2000 calories! I had 4 cups of coffee, an egg white omelette with tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese with a bite of pancake and a couple pieces of hashbrowns, one bottled water, a small glass of francis coppola merlot, pork chop, rice pilaf, apple sauce, a glass of milk, a mrs. fields milk chocolate chip cookie and now....what else, a glass of whisky - I think I am over my 2,000 calories, boo - tomorrow is another day.

Cool idea Dina. I am not particularly counting calories or anything, but I like to see what I did in a day.

Coffee (2 or 3, can't remember)
Sweet and Salty Peanut Granola bar
1/2 bowl of chicken noodle soup (girls left some)
couple handfuls of pretzels
two slices of smoked chicken breast
prime rib (say...6 oz? maybe 8?)
oven roasted potatoes (about one whole one)
corn (1/3 cup)
pile of salad with red pepper and parmesan dressing
slice of ice cream cake
glass of Coke
more water than I could figure out.

Hey...first day with no tea! Weird. I totally missed it.

i had leftover kung pao chicken at 3am.

went home and slept about 5 hours.

then had some pineapple and carrot slices while i fed the birds at 3pm.

costco trail mix around 5pm. then a handful or 2 of cheez-its.

broiled fajita marinated skinless chicken thighs and legs with cheddar, garlic, and herb mashed potatoes around 7pm. oh, and watermelon for dessert.

and now it's past midnight, and i'm off to get sushi/sashimi and a hot sake or three.

I had a bowl of Vanilla Almond Special K
Starwberry Banana Yogurt
A chicken salad sandwich
a 20 ounce bottle of diet pepsi

And that's it today.

middie said:
I had a bowl of Vanilla Almond Special K
Starwberry Banana Yogurt
A chicken salad sandwich
a 20 ounce bottle of diet pepsi

And that's it today.

Eat more! :ohmy:

I had:

Homemade dried fruit protein bar, protein shake (milk + whey + natural peanut butter), 2 whole wheat sandwiches of teriyaki chicken breast sliced up with tomatoes, 1 banana, 1.5 cups of Danone Silhouette yogurt, 1 apple, 2 whole wheat fajitas with steak+peppers+onion+low fat cheese+tomato, 2 white chocolate apricot cookies, and a whole chocolate mint bar because I wanted a piece but it was all busted up, so had to be eaten! (but it was organic, so that makes it alright! :LOL: )

Probably about 2400 - 2600'ish calories

But considering I exercised off over 1000 cals, I'm actually low for today - I usually aim for about 2300 or so

Nah! Forget it! Who's counting calories anyway. I'll give up on that. I forgot to mention my 2 cups of coffee I had yesterday and about 1/2 cup of Virginia hand cooked peanuts...13 grams of fat per serving. Wow!

Today was better than yesterday.

corn flakes, sliced banana and skim milk
coffee with cream and Equal
2 bean, cheese and salad chalupas (corn tortilla tostada)
2 ounces of Mexican leftover lasagna
1 green apple with caramel, bit of chocolate and nuts (can't stay away from these)
Oatmeal Squares cereal with skim milk
lots of water
one diet pepsi
Dinner will have to be light, very light! Yea right!:rolleyes:

:LOL:

today was WORSE than yesterday, by a long shot

2 bananas, 2 apples, oatmeal, flax seeds, whey, pizza (3, maybe 4 slices - woops!), 2 Clif bars, something else bad for me (I think) - going to make a chicken breast wrap for dinner and that should be it, I think

Silver,
With all the running you do you need more food...the healthy kind, of course.

I need to add my evening dinner to today's list: a flour tortilla filled with a bit of egg, cheese, bacon bits, ham and tomato omelette and refried beans and smores for dessert. Yikes! Not good, not good.

You're absolutely right. I'm going to up my calories to about 2600 for a few days and maybe onward up closer to 3000 and see how it works out with training.

Don't want to slow the weight loss too much, but would like to have enough energy to continue exercising and enough food in me to prevent muscle catabolism.

today, i had:

3am: a tuna salad sammich on a hard roll with raw onions, baked lays potato chips, dill pickles, and a diet coke.

<<<sleep>>>

3pm: a bowl of manhattan clam chowder and a baguette from a local fireman's benefit picnic.

4pm: a cactus pear, some mini pretzels, and raw jalapenos and cherry tomatoes while i was feeding the birds. i think the birds like it when i share food with them. they definitely eat more, until their crops are bulging.

6pm: a broiled rosemary/evoo/balsamic marinated boneless chicken thigh and a chimmichurri marinated chicken eg. i'm getting sick of eating broiled chicken, no matter what the marinade. need to buy some pork or fish.

10pm: on my way out the door. gonna walk down 9th avenue, past dozens of restaurants to see what smells good. i'm thinking thai, maybe vietnamese. possibly indian.

Breakfast: Egg, bacon cheese omelette and skim milk

Lunch: General Tso chicken and Sesame chicken with fried rice

Dinner: Sirloin steak wrapped in bacon topped with wine sauce
Scalloped potatoes with lots of cheese
Slice of chocolate mousse tart with strawberries
one chocolate mousse wontons (sister's experimental dessert)
one chocolate covered strawberry

Tonight we did a chocolate challenge between my sister and mom; my sister won.

Last edited:
Today I had:

Breakfast: 1/2 a banana and 2 whole grain waffles

Lunch:A veggie sandwich, apple chips, and celery with salsa

(two bites of a kit kat and half a diet orange soda- not good)

Dinner: Veggie lasagna

Geeze! After eating so much yesterday: 2 whole wheat toast, Quaker Squares and milk, coffee, General Tso chicken and Sesame chicken with fried rice, Sirloin steak wrapped in bacon topped with wine sauce, Scalloped potatoes with lots of cheese, salad with raspberry pecan dressing, Slice of chocolate mousse tart with strawberries and mixed berry sauce, one chocolate mousse wonton, and one chocolate covered strawberry I've taken it lightly today.

Raisin bran with 1% milk
1 chalupa with beans, pinch of cheese and lettuce
1 sliver of chocolate mousse tart
strawberries
Green tea and lots of water

Two cups coffee w/sugar and half n half

Later, from Hyakumi:
4 pc spicy tuna roll (sushi)
4 pc salmon roll (sushi)
4 pc pot stickers
1/2 bowl soup noodles w/seafood
1/2 plate mixed seafood w/noodles
1 glass Thai iced tea
(stuffed)
all for free :)

Later:
2 Miller Lite (so far)

Well, yesterday I didn't track my intake very well (read: not at all). I think I had a total of 4 cookies and 2 chocolate hedgehogs, 2 salmon steaks, about a cup of rice, and a few other goodies.

I enjoyed freedom from tracking, but felt unsure about when I last ate and a bit confused about how much I'd eaten, so I'm going back to tracking today.

A bowl of ceral for breakfast and for lunch.

If you eat a bowl of either Special K, shredded wheat, Weaties, Cheerios or Grape Nuts with 4 ounbces of skimmed or 1% milk for 2 weeks and just eat a normal dinner, you could lose up to 10 pounds!

I've been doing that just before I was diagnosed with borderline diabetes, and so far, I lost 10 pounds. Now my goal is to lose 70 more pounds and get back down to at least 200 pounds and hopefully get rid of the diabetes for good!!

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Silver,
I bet you track by the ocean. I have an uncle who lives in Vancouver. Sigh! I'd love to trade places and track there instead. I ended up tracking at the park while watching the kids 50 feet away.

Today I ate rice pudding at 1:00 a.m. (yikes!)
2 cups Starbucks Brazilian fresh brewed coffee, cream and Equal
1 whole wheat toast with low-sugar strawberry jam
bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon and skim milk
2 cups tea with honey
5 graham cracker sticks
one quesadilla-flour tortilla with cheese
10 oz. piña colada smoothie with fresh pineapple and low fat yogurt
3 slices fresh pineapple
Italian BBQ chicken cooked in white wine
serving mashed potatoes
tiny serving cole slaw
Diet Mountain Dew