My first thoughts when I read your request went back to my time in the south of Spain... and green gazpacho (liquid salad).
Recipe from spain-recipes.com
This colorful variation on the traditional red gazpacho hails from Huelva and the Sierra Morena in Andalucia.
Unlike the classic gazpacho recipes, this soup relies on spinach, lettuce, parsley, and mint for its freshness and texture. Although it is quite different from its more traditional gazpacho cousins, this version is every bit as refreshing.
- Serves: 4 to 6
- Preparation time: 15 min. plus chilling time
- Difficulty: easy
- 2 cups (4 oz) lettuce leaves, chopped
- 2 cups (4 oz) spinach
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz) sour cream, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz) mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 fl. oz) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
In a blender, combine the lettuce, spinach, scallions, cucumber, and parsley until the mixture forms a pureÃ©. Gradually add in the chicken broth, sour cream, mayonnaise, mint, white pepper, and salt. Puree the mixture until it reaches an even consistency. Refrigerate the soup until you are ready to serve.
Serve the soup chilled in individual bowls, with a spoonful of sour cream over each serving, if desired.